Llanganuco Santa Cruz Expeditions Peru Sudamerica
|* Maximum Altitude
||4.750 m (Punta Unión Pass)
Moderate - Difficult
|* Trekking Route
||Cashapampa - Vaqueria
|* Recommended Season
||Huascarán National Park
|* Starting Point of Expedition
||Adventure, Nature, Ecological
|* Average Temp.
||Day: 12ºC - 23ºC
||Night: ‾ 4ºC - 6ºC.
Alternative: Arrive to Huaraz and transfer to the hotel. During the first day we will do an acclimatization walk to the archeologycal ruins of Willcawain, located 7km to the NE from Huaraz on a small plateau. The ruins consist of a pyramid with stairs, with a base of 15 m and 10 m width. It was constructed with large and small rocks, on various levels and platforms. The construction had a ceremonial purpose, with stone roofs, and the galleries. There are also constructions which may have been used for funerary purposes.
Pick up at the bus terminal and transfer to the reserved hostel in Huaraz.
The staff of "Enrique Expedition Tours" and the trekking guide will inform you about the last details of the trekking expedition Santa Cruz – Llanganuco Cordillera Blanca – Peru.
1st day.- Huaraz (3090m) – Caraz (2290m) – Cashapampa (2900m).
Pick up at the hotel and transfer by private transport from Huaraz to the city of Yungay – Caraz. From here on until the village of Cashapampa we can enjoy the east side of the Cordillera Blanca. In Cashapampa, the donkey driver and his donkeys will be waiting for us to transport our trekking gear. From there we start the trek up until we reach our first camp Llamacorral (3760m).
(Elevation Change: +860m; Duration: approx. 4-5 hours).
2nd day.- Llamacorral (3760m) – Base camp Alpamayo (4600m) – Taullipampa (4250m).
We will leave the camp Llamacorral and pass by the lakes Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha. On a zigzag path will go up until we arrive at the Ravine of Ayhuaycocha. We will head further to the base camp of Mount Alpamayo, where we can see a lake of ice that is named like the ravine. We will enjoy the view of the mountains Aguja, Santa Cruz, Pumapampa, Curuicachajana, Quitaraju, Alpamayo, Pucahirca, Rinrinjirca, Taullipampa, Artesonraju, Paria and Millishraju. While we will return by the same way to Camp Taullipampa (4250m), we will have a very nice view of Mount Taulliraju.
(Elevation Change: +490m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
3rd day.- Taullipampa (4250m) – Punta Unión (4750m) – Ravine Paria (3870m).
This day we will pass Punta Union (4750m), from where you have a breathtaking view of the Cordillera Blanca, as well as of the Ravine of Santa Cruz. We will observe the mountains Taulliraju, Rinrijircas, Pucahircas, Quitaraju, Santa Cruz, Artesonraju, Pyramid of Garcilaso, Paria and Millishraju. We will continue our trek to Camp Paria (3870m).
(Elevation Change: +500m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
4th day.-Ravine of de Paria (3870m) – Vaqueria (3850m) – Portachuelo de Llanganuco – Huaraz.
We will hike along the Valley of Huaripampa and observe picturesque villages like Yurma, Huaripampa, Colcabamba. Furthermore we will have a spectacular view of Chacraraju. When we will arrive at the village Vaqueria, we will have a private bus drive back to Huaraz. We will first drive over the Portachuelo pass (4767 m), where we will have a great view of the Cordillera Blanca and the mountains Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Huandoy, Pisco, Chacraraju and Yanapaccha. Then we will descend until we arrive to lake Llanganuco. Passing by the town Yungay, we will be returned to Huaraz and to your hotel between 4-5 pm.
(Elevation Change: +897m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
*** End of the Trekking Santa Cruz – Llanganuco Cordillera Blanca Peru ***
The Expedition Price Includes:
- Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transport to hotel
- 2 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Certified Trekking Guide.
- First-Aid kit.
- Camping gear (2 person tent, mattress, and portable outhouse)
- Kitchen stuffs (meal tent, tables, chairs, lantern, and utensils)
- Personalized attention of “Enrique Expedition Tours”
- Donkeys and donkey driver to transport camping gear
- Donkeys to transport personal gear (recommended; 15kg per person)
- More than 1 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private local transportation Huaraz - Cashapampa / Vaqueria - Huaraz
- Cook, specialized in vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude)
- Sleeping bag (Recommended; ‾ 14°C)
The Client is Responsible for:
- Huascaràn National Park entrance fee ($22.= USD)
- Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Meals in Huaraz
- Personal clothing and trekking gear (waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, sunglasses, headlamp, hiking shoes, poncho, water bottle, sun block, etc.)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Alimentation for Santa Cruz – Llanganuco trek (4 days)
- Tea, coffee, coca tea, herbal teas, milk, hot chocolate, butter, jam (2 flavors), honey, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, cheese, bread, and avocado
- Fruits (orange, apple, banana, mandarin)
- Cheese sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Tuna sandwich
- Avocado, etc.
- Hard candy
1st day: Cream of Mushroom………………….. Spaghetti with meat sauce
2nd day: Asparagus Soup………….…………… Vegetable Tortilla with Meat
3rd day: Vegetable Soup…………………………Lomo Saltado
Also, meals include: hot drinks, breads, popcorn, desserts (mazamorra morada, mazamorra de melocotón, jello, etc.)
Gear Recommended for Santa Cruz – Llanganuco trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Plastic bags .
MAPS of SANTA CRUZ - LLANGANUCO TREK (4 Days)