This trek lasts for 4 days and 3 nights and covers a total distance of 91 Km, reaching the highest point at the Honda Pass (4750m) and Olimpica Pass (4890m). It's an interesting trek where you can meet local communities at the villages of Vicos and Shilla. It also offers beautiful landscape, and lakes such as Pucaranracocha (4400m) and Cancaraca (4600m), and views of snow capped mountains such as Chinchey (6222m), Palcaraju (6274m), Yanarangra (5975m), Tocllaraju (6032m) and Pucaranra (6156m).
Day 1.- Country of origin to Lima, transfer from airport to hotel
Day 2.- bus trip from Lima to Huaraz (3,090 m) and transfer to hotel chosen.
Day 3.- start of the trek. We leave from Huaraz to the village of Marcara, from where we start eastwards through the village of Vicos. We then reach the trail that goes towards Portachuelo Honda Pass, where we will meet the donkeys and arrieros that will help carry the trekking gear. The start of the trek offers scenic views of the Honda Valley, and continues climbing towards Portachuelo- Honda Pass. After crossing the pass, we descend to the camping site Juitush.
Day 4.- we leave the camping site and start ascending following the Juitush valley towards the pass. The trail starts descending to Pataca valley where we make the second camp.
Day 5.- we start climbing to Olimpica Pass, situated at 4890m, an excellent lookout point from where we can admire the snow capped Contrahierbas, Chopicalqui and Huascaran. From the pass, we descend to Ulta valley and camp at 4200m.
Day 6.- from the campsite we trek towards Matara Valley, passing a lake. We return to the camp where the private tranbsportation will wait for us and take us back to Huaraz.
Day 7.- bus to Lima - hotel.
EXPEDITION COSTS INCLUDE:
- 2 nights lodging in Lima (double bed, breakfast included)
- When you arrive to huaraz we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 2 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Bus transportation Lima - Huaraz and private local transportation Huaraz - Portachuelo honda - Q.Ulta - Huaraz.
- Mountain guide, porters and cook.
- Donkeys to carry the common gear (tents, food and fuel) as well as donkeys to carry personal gear (up to 20 kg per person)
- More than 4 pax include an emergency horse.
- Kitchen gear and cooking facilities at base camp (including dining tent, chairs, cooking tent)
. Food for the whole duration of the climb (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is included.
-The meals include: omelets, sups, fresh fruits, ahuacate, spaghettis meats, rice all them rich in carbohydrates, excellent to recover all the energy you lose during the trek and climbing, also include drinks as: tea, coffee, milk breads, popcorn and coco tea good for altitude sickness.
- Camping gear: 4 season tent
- First aid kit
- Check-up for oxygen to assess acclimatization level of each client.
- Entry to National Park Huascarán.
- Food costs outside the climb (Lima and Huaraz)
- Flight from country of origin to Lima
- Extra days of lodging due to delays of the trip
- Personal trekking and climbing gear (sleeping bag, sleeping mattress etc..)
- Personal expenses.
- The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please catch up us on the web for more information.
Lightweight walking shoes/sandals/socks/pants/short pants/T-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeve)/sunglasses/sunscreen/plastic bags/warm sleeping bag /light weight trekking boots/wool socks/light weight treeking pants/waterproof pants and jacket/fleece/Goretex/hat/mits or warm gloves/thermal liners/camera/bandana or hat against sun/headlamp with extra batteries.
Safety Individual gear:
Glacier glasses 100% UV with rigid case (2 pair recommended)/ goggles/ sunscreen with maximum protection/lipbalm/4 season sleeping bag/ sleeping pad or thermarest/hat/thermal underwear/fleece jacket/fleece pants/down jacket/Goretex jacket or similar material/2 pairs of gloves or mittens/ pair of thermal glove liners/2 pairs of thermal sock liners/plastic boots/gaiters.