Cordillera Blanca Cedros Alpamayo Trek Perú
|* Máximum Altitude Trek Churup Lake
|* Maximum Altitude Trek
||4.850m.s.n.m (paso osoruri)
||Moderate - Difficult
|* Trekking Route
||Hualcayan - Cashapampa.
|* Recommended Season
||May – September
||Huascarán National Park
|* Starting Point of Expedition
||Huaraz - Ancash
Adventure, Nature, Ecological
|* Average Temp.
||Day: 12ºC - 23ºC
||Night: ‾ 4ºC - 6ºC.
A representative from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will be waiting at the bus terminal in Huaraz, with transportation to a respectable hotel.
Once at the hotel, our mountain guide will give you further information about your itinerary and the trek that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Blanca - Cedros Alpamayo – Cashapampa Trek.
Option: Acclimatization trek to Lake Churup (4450m).
We leave Huaraz by private-bus to the little village Pitek (3.850m). At first we pass through another village, which is called Llupa (3.650m). From here we have a beautiful view to the southern part of the Cordillera Blanca. Our trip to the Churup-Lake (4.450m) we start from Pitek. At first we enter the mountain ravine of Churup. After some hours of walking we reach the Lake Churup. Here we stay for one hour before we return to Huaraz – Hotel.
1st day: Huaraz – Caraz – Hualcayan - Wishcash.
Breakfast at 6.30 a.m. Transfer from Huaraz to Hualcayán by private bus. At Hualcayán we visit archaeolocigal ruins (f.e. graves of stone which are called chullpas) of the pre-inca-time before we walk to Wishcash. Camping. From here we can see the summits of Milhuacoch and Rajucocha. Walking-time about 5 hours.
2nd day: Wishcash – Osoruri.
We leave Wishcash at 8.00 a.m. We reach the lake of Cullicocha (4600) and pass our first pass of Cullicocha (4850). Enjoying the view at the summits of Santa Cruz and Millhuacocha. Walking-time about 6-7 hours
3rd day: Osoruri - Jancarurish (4250).
We pass the second pass of Cedros (4750), crossing the mountain ravines of Cedros and Alpamayo. Then we visit ruins (built like circles), agriculture terraces, which belong to the culture of Recuray. We have a nice view to the summits of Millhuacocha, Pilanco, Pumapampa, etc. We continue our walk until we reach Jancarurish. From here we can enjoy the view to the top of the Alpamayo, which is nominaed to the most beautiful mountain of the World.Walking-time about 6-7 hours.
4th day: Jancarurish (4250) - Huillca (4000).
We follow the foothpass through farms and pass the third pass (Cara Cara 4.836m) before we descend to the mountain ravine of Moyobamba. Now we pass the 4th pass (Tayapampa (4500)) and descend to the mountain ravine of Tayapampa. Camping at Huillca. Walking-time about 7-8 hours.
5th day: Huillca (4000) - Jancapampa. (3400).
Walk through the ravine of Yanta Queñua. Passing the 5th pass of Yanajanca (4600). Enjoying the view to Pucahircas. Camping at Jancapampa.
6to day : Jancapampa. (3400) - Carhuacasha (3950).
We descend the ravine of Pingospampa and pass the 6th pass ahich is called Tupa Tupa (4400) Walking-time about 6-7 hours.
7th day: Carhuacasha (3950) - Tuctubamba (4300).
We observe the lake of Huecracocha and the Glaciar de Taulliraju. Now we pass the 7th pass (Pucaraju (4650)) and enjoy the view to the summits of the Cordillera Blanca, f.e.Taulliraju, Chacraraju Pirámide de Garcilazo Paria etc. We descend until the camping-site of Tuctubamba (4300). Walking-time about 6 – 7 hours.
8th day: Tuctubamba (4300) – Taullipampa (4250).
Today we pass Punta Unión (4750). From this pass we can see the summits of Taulliraju,
Pucajirca, Rinrijirca, Quitaraju, Santa Cruz, Artezonraju, Paria, Pucaraju and the mountain ravines of Santa Cruz and Morocoha. After two hours walking we arrive at our camping of Taullipampa at a altitude of 4250 m.
9th day: Taullipampa (4250) – Llamacorral (3760).
Today we walk to the east-site of the Alpamayo. We descend until the mountaine ravine of Santa Cruz with a view to the lakes of Jatuncocha (3900) and Ichiccocha (3850). One hour later we arrive at our camping-site.
10th day: Llamacorral (3760) – Cashapampa (2900).
We descend the small mountain ravine of Santa Cruz to Cashapampa. This will take us about 4 hours. From Cashapampa we return to Huaraz..
*** End of Service, Trekking Cedros Alpamayo Trek – Peruvian ***.
The Expedition Price Includes:
- Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transport to hotel.
- 02 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Certified Trekking Guide Ingles.
- Cook, specialized in vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods
- First-Aid kit.
- Camping gear (2 person tent, mattress, and portable outhouse)
- Kitchen stuffs (meal tent, tables, chairs, lantern, and utensils)
- Personalized attention of “Enrique Expedition Tours”
- Donkeys and donkey driver to transport camping gear
- Donkeys to transport personal gear (recommended; 15kg per person)
- More than 3 person’s one horse for emergency case
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude)
- Private local transportation Huaraz / Pitec/ Huaraz.
- Private local transportation Huaraz / Hualcallan /Cashapampa/ Huaraz
The Client is Responsible for:
- Ticket Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Huascaràn National Park entrance fee.
- Meals in Huaraz
- Personal clothing and trekking gear (waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, sunglasses, headlamp, hiking shoes, poncho, water bottle, sun block, etc.)
- Sleeping bag (Recommended; ‾ 14°C)
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 8 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru..
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
- Cruz del Sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Bus cama ( VIP) service
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
*There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú” – HUARAZ.
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ, please let us know.
Gear Recommended for Cordillera Huayhuash trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)