Climbing Mountain Ishinca Perú
|* Max. altitude of acclimatization trek
|* Max. altitude of Mount Ishinca
||5530 m (Summit).
||Medium to Difficult.
|* Path to ascend Mount Ishinca
|* Recommended season
||May to September.
||Cordillera Blanca - Peru
|* Starting point of the expedition
||Huaraz – Ancash - Peru
|* Type of transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
||VIP bus service.
|* Places to visit
||Huascaran National Park.
|* Code of the ascend program
||ARCHV - 501
|* Percentage of Success
Adventure, High mountain tourism
*Tº on the expedition.
||at day: + 13ºC to +23ºC
||at night: - 6ºC to - 4ºC
early morning: - 8ºC to - 10ºC
1st day.- Arrival to Lima.
Pick up at the airport “Jorge Chavez” in Lima and transportation to the reserved hotel in Lima.
Website of the hotel in Lima: http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
2nd day.- Departure from Lima to Huaraz (by bus).
We will travel by bus from Lima to Huaraz, the capital of the district of Ancash (3100m). The transport provided by the company “Cruz del Sur” includes a “bus cama”, an overnight trip with reclined seats. http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
Departure time from Lima is at 09:30am and we will arrive in Huaraz at 5:30pm. Pick up at the bus terminal and transfer to the hotel in Huaraz is included.
The staff of "Enrique Expedition Tours" and the Mountain Guide will be informed about your arrival and will be waiting for you.
3rd day.- Acclimation trek to Lake Churup (4450m)
We will leave the city of Huaraz by private bus to Pitec (3850m). First we will pass the colorful villages of Llupa (3650m) outside of Huaraz, where we will have a panoramic view of the southern part of the Cordillera Blanca. Arriving in Pitec we start the hike to the Lake Churup at 4450m. First we enter the valley of Churup, after some hours of walking we will reach the Lake Churup, where we will stay for one hour before we return to our hotel in Huaraz.
(Elevation change: +650m; Duration: 4-5 hours).
The organization of personal material and logistical information for the ascent to Mount Ishinca we will do after the trekking in the evening.
4th day.- Huaraz (3090m) – Pashpa (3600m) – Base Camp Ishinca (4400m).
We will leave Huaraz by private bus to the village of Pashpa, where we expect the donkey driver, who will load the donkeys with our luggage and camping staff. From there the trek starts to the base camp of Ishinca (4400m), what will take us about four to five hours.
(Elevation Change: +800m; Duration: approx. 4-5 hours).
5th day.- Base Camp Ishinca (4400m) – Summit of Ishinca (5530m) – Base Camp.
This day we will leave the camp at around 03:00 am and climb up Mount Ishinca by the NE ridge route. Starting from a minor glacial peak of Ishinca, we will climb up easy ramps, avoiding cracks, towards the wide gap between the smaller and the big peak of Ishinca. We will come over many slopes to reach the summit of this mountain. We will return by the SW ridge of Ishinca, descending on the side of Lake Ishinca. On this route of descent we will see landmarks and pass a moraine with big blocks. This route of descent has a slope of 60°. -
Return to the base camp at about 1:00pm.
(Elevation Change: +730m; Duration: approx. 9-10 hours).
6th day.- Base Camp Ishinca (4400m) – Pashpa (3600m) – Huaraz – Hotel.
After a good breakfast our donkey driver will pack the donkeys with our camping and personal equipment to walk back downhill from the base camp to the center of the village Pashpa. There we will be expected by a bus of the Company "Enrique Expedition Tours", that will bring us to Huaraz – Hotel.
(Elevation Change: -800 m; Duration: approx. 4-5 hours).
7th day.- Departure from Huaraz to Lima (Bus).
Transportation from the hotel to the bus terminal "Cruz del Sur" and depature from Huaraz.
The departure time will be determined by your schedule, in the morning or night.
Morning departure: 11:00 am.
Night departure: 10:30 pm.
Pick up at the bus terminal in Lima and transfer to the hotel booked by us.
Webside of the hotel in Lima: http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
8th day.- Lima Hotel – airport – Retorno a Lugar de origen.
Transfer from the hotel to the airport - Return to the country of origin.
**** End of the Expedition in the Cordillera Blanca - Perú. *****
The price of the expedition includes:
- Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Lima.
- 2 nights in hotel in Lima, including breakfast.
- Bus tickets Lima - Huaraz - Lima with the company "Cruz del Sur";
Webside: : http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Pick up and transfer from the bus terminal in Huaraz to the hotel
- 03 nights lodging in Huaraz, with breakfast.
- Specialized Trekking Guide
- Certificated Mountain Guide (UIAGM).
- First-Aid Kit.
- Climbing equipment (rope, snow pickets, ice screws, etc.)
- Camping equipment (mountain tent, mattress).
- Cooking Equipment (dining tent, chairs and kitchenware) only at the base camp.
- Personal attention by "Enrique Expedition Tours"
- Donkeys and carrier to transport the camping equipment
- Donkeys to transport the personal equipment of the clients (15 kilos per person).
- Cook provides vegetarian options
- Food within this expedition (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
* The meals include omelets, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for the physical effort of trekking), hot drinks (including coca leaf tea, which is excellent for the altitude). Tea provided every day (tea, coffee, biscuits and popcorn).
- Land transportation Huaraz - Pitec - Huaraz (Lake Churup)
- Land Transportation Huaraz - Pashapa - Huaraz (Ishinca)
You are responsible for:
- Food and drink in the city.
- Entrance to the Huascaran National Park ($US 22.-).
- Extra days of lodging caused of delayed arrival or departure.
- Personal clothing and trekking equipment (gorotex trousers, jacket, gloves, hats)
- Personal climbing equipment (harness, ice picks, crampon, helmet, gloves, sun glasses, etc).
- Sleeping Bag. (Preferably -20ºC).
Important Information for the Client:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 7 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended Mountain Equipment for the Expedition:
• Trekking boots.
• High mountain boots.
• Trekking socks (synthetic fibers: Colmax ...).
• Thermal socks.
• Leggings/ boot covers.
• Fine microfiber gloves.
• Wool of Fleece Gloves.
• Padded Mittens.
• Sun hat.
• Cap for the cold (fleece or other).
• Thermal and microfiber shirts.
• Finefiber sweater.
• Quilted Anorak (down or fiber).
• Waterproof jacket (goretex or other).
• Trekking pants.
• Fleece pants.
• Waterproof pants (goretex or other).
• Waterproof layer.
• Altitude glasses (with side shields).
• Backpack of 70/80 l.
• Headlamp (with spare bulbs and batteries).
• Sunscreen (lips and skin).
• Personal kit.
• Photographical equipment.
• Sleeping bag for altitude (down).
• Toilet bag and towel.
• Rubber sandals (for taking showers/ crossing rivers/ taking a bath).
• Bag with personal documents and money.
• Ice Axe.
• Automatic crampons (with antiboots).
• Jumar and descender.
If you do not have these materials we can get them in Huaraz:
• Ice Axe.
• Automatical crampons (with antiboots).
• Jumar and descender.
Ascent route to Mount Ishinca (5.530 m) – Cordillera Blanca - Perú