Wilkawain - Quilcayhuanca - Cojup - Cordillera Blanca - Hiking - Trek Huaraz - Peruvian - South America.
|- Maxim Altitude Trekking.
||5020m.s.n.m ( Huapi Pass.)
||Easy - Moderate
|| 09 days
|- Preferied time
||April to Nobenver.
||Huaraz - Perú - South America.
|- Program Start
||Lima - Perú
|- Visit Places
|| Cordillera Blanca
|| Adventure, Nature, Ecologic.
||Mínim + 01 Pax - Double bed.
||The price depends on the costs of the hotel.
1st day: Arrival at Lima, transfer from the airport to the hotel in Lima
2nd day: Lima – Huaraz (bus).
Transfer to Huaraz (distance: 400 km from Lima), passing the Conococha (4,050m), transfer from the bus-station to the hotel. “Cruz del Sur” http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
3rd day: Acclimatization trek to Wilcuahuain (3450m) - Monterrey.
We drive from Huaraz to Wilcuahuain by bus. At Wilcahuain we start our trip. At first we visit the archaeological ruins, which lasts from the pre-inca-time. The ruins pretend to the Culture Wasi. This culture takes its roots in Ayacucho. After that we visit another village, it is called San Miguel de Recriash. From here we descend for one tour to reach the hot springs of Monterrey. There we can take a bath before we return to Huaraz – Hostal.
4th day: Huaraz / Llupa / Pitec / Quebrada Quilcayhuanca / Tambo Nuevo/ Campamento Cayeshpampa (4100m).
5th day: Camping at Cayeshpampa (4100m). Lakes Tullpacocha (4300) and Cuchillacocha (4625) Camping at Cuchilla.
6th day: Campamento Cuchillacocha / Pass of Huapi (5020 m.s.n.m.) – Mountain ravine of Cojup.
Today we walk to the lake Cuchillacocha (4625 m) at the bottom of the mountains Pucaranra (6156 m.s.n.m.) and Chinchey (6222 m.s.n.m.).It takes us about 5 hours by walk to pass the highest point at the altitude of 5.020m (Paso Huapi).From the pass we can enjoy the view to the summits of Huapi, Pucaranra, Tullparaju, Andavete, Cayesh, Maparaju, San Juan, Palcaraju, Ishinca and Ranrapalca. We descend until the mountain ravine of Cojup. At this beautiful place we camp – enjoying the summits around us.
7th day: Quebrada Cojup – Huaraz – Hostal.
Today we continue descend the mountaine ravine of Cojup until we reach their bottom. From here we can see the entrée of other ravines. After that we arrive at Llupa where we started our trip at the first day. From here we return by bus to Huaraz.
8th day: Travelling back to Lima (bus) – Hotel.
Transfer to Lima (hostal).
9th day: Lima, transfers from hotel to airport. Return to country of origin.
**** END OF OUR SERVICE *****
Expedition Costs Include:
- When you arrive to Lima we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 2 nights lodging in Lima (double bed.)
- When you arrive to Huaraz we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 3 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Bus transportation Lima – Huaraz. (Service VIP).
- Private local transportation Huaraz /Pitec/Huaraz.
- Mountain guide (IUAGM).
- Porters carry camping equipment.
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkeys to carry the common gear (tents, food and fuel) as well as donkeys to carry personal gear (up to 20 kg per person)
- Kitchen gear and cooking facilities at base camp (including dining tent, chairs, cooking tent).
- Food for the whole duration of the climb (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is included.
- The meals include: omelets, sups, fresh fruits, ahuacate, spaghettis meats, rice all them rich in carbohydrates, excellent to recover all the energy you lose during the trek and climbing, also include drinks as: tea, coffee, milk breads, popcorn and coco tea good for altitude sickness
- Camping gear: 4 season tent
- First aid kit
- Check-up for oxygen to assess acclimatization level of each client.
- Food costs outside the climb (Lima and Huaraz).
- Entry to National Park Huascarán.
- Flight from country of origin to Lima
- Extra days of lodging due to delays of the trip
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C).
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 7 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru
- This program does not include the hotel in Huaraz.
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
- Cruz del Sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Bus cama ( VIP) service
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
*There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú - HUARAZ “
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ, please let us know.
Alimentation for Quilcayhunaca - Cojup trek (4 days)
- Tea, coffee, coca tea, herbal teas, milk, hot chocolate, butter, jam (2 flavors), honey, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, cheese, bread, and avocado
- Fruits (orange, apple, banana, mandarin)
- Cheese sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Tuna sandwich
- Avocado, etc.
- Hard candy
1st day: Cream of Mushroom………………….. Spaghetti with meat sauce
2nd day: Asparagus Soup………….…………… Vegetable Tortilla with Meat
3rd day: Vegetable Soup…………………………Lomo Saltado
Also, meals include: hot drinks, breads, popcorn, desserts (mazamorra morada, mazamorra de melocotón, jello, etc.)
Gear Recommended for Quilvayhuanca Cojup - Perú
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Plastic bags .