Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hostel
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and Trek that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Huayhuash Perú
1st day: Huaraz – Chiquian – Llamac – Laguna de Jahuacocha.
We drive by private bus from Huaraz to Chiquian. (3400) and after that to Llamac (3250). Here we will meet the donkey-driver with the donkeys. At 10.00 am we leave Llamac and walk to the lake of Jahuacocha. We walk along the mountain ravine of Pacllon and now we can enjoy the view to parts of the glacier of Hirishanca and Yerupaja. After that we arrive the lake of Jahuacocha, camping. Walking-time about 6 hours.
2nd day: Laguna de Jahuacocha - Matacancha.
Walking-time about 6 hours. We leave the camping to the lake of Solterococha. Step py step we ascend the pass of Sambunya( 4750m), from here we have an impressive view to the mountains like Rondoy, Jirishanca, Ninashanca. We descend to Rondoy – Matacancha. Here we spend the night.
3rd day: Matacancha - Laguna de Mitococha. (4100) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We walk up to the pass of Cacananpunta (4700). From here we can see the summits of Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes of Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and el Grande. We follow the foothpath passing by the lake of Mitococha und reach the second pass which is called Punta Carhuac (4650). We descend through a mountain ravine and arrive at our camping of Carhuacocha. Enjoying the view to the tops of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
4th day: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138) - Huayhuash. (4100).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We pass the third pass of Carnicero (4600) before we descend to the lakes of Atocshaic and Carnicero. We enjoy the view to the summits of Siula, Jural, Carnicero and Trapecio. We spend the night at Huayhuash.
5th day: Huayhuash (4100) - Laguna Viconga (4407)
Walking-time about 5-6 hours. We pass the 4th pass which is named Portachuelo (4750) and enjoy the view to Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo, parts of the Cordillera Raura. We arrive at our camping at Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
6th day: Laguna Viconga – Cajatambo.
Walking-time about 7-8 hours.We leave our camping and walk uphill to Cajatambo. Here we spend the night at a simple hostal.
7th day: Cajatambo - Huaraz.
Today we catch the bus from Cajatambo to Pativilca and then we return to Huaraz.
*** End of Service, Trekking – Peru ***
The trip includes:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 02 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 06 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private transport Huaraz / Chiquian
- Transport from Cajatambo – Pativilca – Huaraz (public bus)
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
You are responsible for:
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Gear Recommended for Expedition trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek