CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH EXPEDITION IN PERÚ, Specialized in the Organization of Cordillera Huayhuash Expedition in Perú, operators have a team of professional work experience in the field of tourism of high mountain, whose main objective is to provide quality, safety and warranty on all of our services, in this way, meet the expectations and demands of the customer. We will help you to organize your Tours program in bus, conventional Tours, Trekking, Climbing, hiking, climbing in the Cordillera Blanca and Huayhuash ice as well as in Cusco - Arequipa - Puno - Huaraz, Perú.
1st day.- Arrival to Lima.
Pick up at the airport “Jorge Chavez” in Lima and transportation to the reserved hotel in Lima.
Website of the hotel in Lima: http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
2nd day.- Departure from Lima to Huaraz (by bus).
We will travel by bus from Lima to Huaraz, the capital of the district of Ancash (3100m). The transport provided by the company “Cruz del Sur” includes a “bus cama”, an overnight trip with reclined seats. http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
Departure time from Lima is at 09:30am and we will arrive in Huaraz at 5:30pm. Pick up at the bus terminal and transfer to the hotel in Huaraz is included.
The staff of "Enrique Expedition Tours" and the Mountain Guide will be informed about CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH EXPEDITION IN PERÚ your arrival and will be waiting for you.
3rd day.- Acclimation trek to Lake Churup (4450m).
We will leave the city of Huaraz by private bus to Pitec (3850m). First we will pass the colorful villages of Llupa (3650m) outside of Huaraz, where we will have a panoramic view of the southern part of the Cordillera Blanca. Arriving in Pitec we start the hike to the Lake Churup at 4450m. First we enter the valley of Churup, after some hours of walking we will reach the Lake Churup, where we will stay for one hour before we return to our hotel in Huaraz.
(Elevation change: +650m; Duration: 4-5 hours).
The organization of personal material and logistical information for the TREKKING CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH, we will do after the trekking in the evening.
4th day.- Huaraz (3100m) – Conococha (4050m) – Chiquian – Cuartelhuain (3900m).
Pick up at the hotel and departure by private bus from Huaraz to Chiquian city (3400m). We will continue our journey towards Cuartelhuain (3900m), where we will be expected by our donkeys and donkey drivers to pack everything, so that we can start walking the next day from camp Cuartelhuain.
(Elevation change: +800m; Duration: approx. 5 hours bus travel).
5th day.- Cuartelhuain (3900m) – Lake de Mitococha (4100m) – Lake de Carhuacocha (4138m).
We will pass the first pass of Cacananpunta (4700m). We will observe some mountains like Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes of Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and Grande (small and big). Later by descending towards lake Mitococha we will get to see the mountains Rondoy and Hirishanca. We will continue our trekking and pass the second pass of Punta Carhuac (4650m) and descend through the ravine to our camp Carhuacocha. We will enjoy a panoramic view of the mountains Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
(Elevation change: +800m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
6th day.- Lake Carhuacocha (4138m) – Pass Siula - Huayhuash (4100m).
We will pass the third pass of Carnicero (4600m) and descend in between the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero. We will see the mountains Siula, Khural, Carnicero and Trapecio.
(Elevation change: +462m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
7th day.- Huayhuash (4100m) – Lake Viconga (4407m).
We will leave very early to pass the fourth pass of Portachuelo (4750m). There we can see the mountains Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and a part of the Cordillera Raura. After we will arrive at our campsite in Viconga (4300m) you will have the chance to take a bath in the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000m).
(Elevation change: +650m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
8th day.- Lake Viconga (4407m) – Pass Cuyoc (5000m) - Pampa Elefante (3900m).
We will pass the fifth pass of Cuyoc (5000m), the highest of the entire circuit. Descent through the ravine of Guanacpatay to the camp - Pampa Elephant (3900m).
(Elevation change: +593m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
9th day.- Pampa Elefante (3900m) – Lookout San Antonio – Huatiaj (4300m).
We will leave the camp to climb up to the lookout San Antonio, where we have a beautiful view of the Cordillera Huayhuash. Later we will descend along the valley Guanacpatay to the village of Huayllapa. After visiting the village we will head towards our camp Huatiaj.
(Elevation change: +400m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
10th day.- Huatiaj (4300m) – Lake Jahuacocha (4100m).
This day we will leave our camp to conquer two passes, Tapush (4900m) and Yaucha (4800m), to hike further towards lake Jahuacocha. From there we will enjoy a panoramic view of a part of the Cordillera Huayhuash, including Yerupaja, Hirishanca, Butcher, Siula, Trapeze etc. Arrival at our campsite at Lake Jahuacocha (4100m).
(Elevation change: +900m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
11th day.- Lake Jahuacocha (4066m) – Llamac (3250m) – Huaraz – Hostal.
We will pass the last pass of Pampa de Llamac (4300m). For the last time we have the opportunity to see the mountains of the Cordillera Huayhuash. Arrival at Llamac, where we will be expected by the bus company "Enrique Expedition Tours" to take us back to Chiquian and Huaraz (same way like the travel from Huaraz).
(Elevation change: +234m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
12th day.- Departure from Huaraz to Lima (Bus).
Transportation from the hotel to the bus terminal "Cruz del Sur" and depature from Huaraz.
The departure time will be determined by your schedule, in the morning or night.
Morning departure: 11:00 am.
Night departure: 10:30 pm.
Pick up at the bus terminal in Lima and transfer to the hotel booked by us.
Website of the hotel in Lima: http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
13th day.- Lima Hotel – airport – Return to the country of origin.
Transfer from the hotel to the airport - Return to the country of origin.
*** END OF THE EXPEDITION CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH EXPEDITION IN PERÚ ***
The price of the expedition includes:
- Todo los traslado en Lima – aeropuerto – Hotel – Terminal de bus – aeropuerto.
- 02 Noches de Hotel en Lima ***, con desayuno incluido. http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
- Ticket de bus de Lima – Huaraz – Lima “Cruz del Sur” http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Pick up and transfer from the bus terminal in Huaraz to the hotel
- 02 nights lodging in Huaraz, with breakfast.
- Specialized and certificated Trekking Guide
- First-Aid Kit.
- Camping equipment (mountain tent, mattress).
- Cooking Equipment (dining tent, chairs and kitchenware)
- Personal attention by "Enrique Expedition Tours"
- Donkeys and carrier to transport the camping equipment
- Donkeys to transport the personal equipment of the clients (10 kilos per person).
- One horse in case of emergency with seats
- Cook provides vegetarian options
- Food within this expedition (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
* The meals include omelets, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for the physical effort of trekking), hot drinks (including coca leaf tea, which is excellent for the altitude). Tea provided every day (tea, coffee, biscuits and popcorn).
- Land transportation Huaraz - Pitec - Huaraz (Lake Churup).
- Land Transportation Huaraz - Cualtelhuain - Llamac - Huaraz (Trek Huayhuash)
You are responsible for:
- Food and drink in the city.
- Entrance to the Huayhuash National Park
- Extra days of lodging caused of earlier arrival or delayed departure.
- Personal clothing and trekking equipment (gorotex trousers, jacket, gloves, hats)
- Sleeping Bag. (Preferably -14ºC).
IMPORTANT CUSTOMER INFORMATION CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH EXPEDITION IN PERÚ
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
RECOMMENDED MOUNTAIN EQUIPMENT FOR THE EXPEDITION CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH EXPEDITION IN PERÚ
• Trekking boots.
• Trekking socks (synthetic fibers: Colmax ...).
• Thermal socks.
• Leggings/ boot covers.
• Fine microfiber gloves.
• Wool of Fleece Gloves.
• Padded Mittens.
• Sun hat.
• Cap for the cold (fleece or other).
• Thermal and microfiber shirts.
• Finefiber sweater.
• Quilted Anorak (down or fiber).
• Waterproof jacket (goretex or other).
• Trekking pants.
• Fleece pants.
• Waterproof pants (goretex or other).
• Waterproof layer.
• Altitude glasses (with side shields).
• Backpack of 70/80 l.
• Headlamp (with spare bulbs and batteries).
• Sunscreen (lips and skin).
• Personal kit.
• Photographical equipment.
• Sleeping bag for altitude (down).
• Toilet bag and towel.
• Rubber sandals (for taking showers/ crossing rivers/ taking a bath).
• Bag with personal documents and money.
• Plastic bags
TREK ROUTE TO CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH – PERÚ
CORDILLERA HUAYHUASH RANGE PERU.
Most of the trekkers that come to the Huayhuash range choose to cover the distance of 165 Km of the circuit by foot. There are various options for this circuit.
START AT CHIQUIAN VILLAGE
This is one of the most well-known itineraries in the Huayhuash range. From Chiquian, the circuit is done by bus through zig-zag roads and valleys, canyons to the villages of Pocpa y Palca, Roquia, Matacancha, Cuartelhuain, etc., to Cacananpunta Pass (4750 m). From this pass are visible the highest summits of this range, and to the NE the mountain range that leads to Chaupijanca Massif, part of Huallanca Range.
We are then at the head of Janca Valley, situated in the eastern part of Huayhuash, a gentle and open valley, where local people make delicious cheese, well known in the region. From here, we reach the lakes of Mitucocha and Barrosococha, on the lower part of Ninashjanca and Rondoy, of an exceptional beauty. We then ascend to a pass in the proximity of snow capped peaks of Jirishjanca, Santa Rosa and Yerupaja. Following the trail towards SW, we cross Carnicero Grande pass and descend towards Ararag (4800 m), and towards a lake called Viconga. From this place we can continue to Cajatambo, 20 Km SW, but this route is not well transited. Local legends say that long time ago, Viconga was a beautiful town, that was transformed in a lake by God's punishment, due to its lack of hospitality towards travelers. From the left side of Ararag we continue towards the western side of the Cordillera, avoiding crossing Pumarinri and Huayllapa (Cajatambo) Valleys. We ascend from Viconga to Cuyoc Pass (5000 m), and then descend to Huayllapa through Guanaypatay Valley. We can visit Viconga, or alternatively follow a shortcut from Ararag to Cuyoc, at the base of Puscanturpa peak. There is another trail, more difficult, that traverses at the southern side of Nevado Huayhuash, and then at the base of Nevado Shutogjanca, descending through Calinca Valley to Huayllapa. From here, we climb through Segya valley, which is the access route to Nevados Caramarca, Juitushuarco, Huacrish, Tsacra, Rasac, Yerupaja and Siula.
To reach the valley where Jahuacocha and Solterococha Lakes are found, we can start from Huayllapa through difficult terrain, before entering Jahuacocha Valley, to Tapush Pass (4800 m) and Yaucha Pass (4600 m), returning to Solterococha, at the end of the valley. Approximately 10 Km below Achín River is Pacllón, the capital of the district with the same name. From this point to Chiquián there are 10 km, which conclude the circuit. Pacllon is well known for local musicians that play traditional Andean folklore. At the same time, it is a good place to enter the valley where the lakes of Jahuacocha and Solterococha are found, at the southern side of Nevado Yerupaja, behind Carhuacocha Lake.
On both mountain sides we find clear rivers which host plenty of trout, garzamora and gaviotas. This circuit of 165 Km around Huayhuash is one of the trekking routes most spectacular in the world, for its landscape. While this circuit requires 12 days and crossing 5 high altitude passes, its beauty is highly worth the effort.