Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hostel
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and Trek that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Huayhuash Perú
1st day: Arriving Chiquian. (3400), after that transfer to Llamac (3250)
First day camping.
2nd day: Leaving Llamac at 8:00 am to Cuartelhuain. (3900).
Walking-time about 6 – 7 hours. Observing the first summits like Ninashanca. We walk through small villages likePocpa and Paclla. Arriving at the camping of Cuartelhuain.
3rd day: Cuartelhuain (3900) - Laguna de Mitococha. (4100).
Walking-time about 5 – 6 hours. We pass the first pass of Cacananpunta (4700). Here we can enjoy the view to the summits of Ninashanca and Rondoy, lakes like Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and Grande. Then we descend to the camping of Mitococha. From here we have a beautiful view to the summits of Rondoy and Hirishanca.
4th day: Laguna de Mitococha (4100) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138).
Walking time about 5 - 6 hours. We climb up to the second pass of Punta Carhuac (4650), before we descend at the mountain ravine to our camping-site at Carhuacocha with the beautiful view to the tops of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
5th day: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138) - Huayhuash. (4100).
Walking time about 6-7 hours. We walk up to the third pass of Carnicero (4600). After that we descend to the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero. We have a beautiful view to the tops of Siula, Jural, Carnicero y Trapecio.
6th day: Huayhuash (4100) - Laguna Viconga (4407)
Walking time 5-6 hours. Today we climb up to the 4th pass which is called Portachuelo (4750). We see the mountains Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and parts of the Cordillera Raura. We arrive at our camping-site at Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
7th day: Laguna Viconga (4407) Cuyoc pass (5000) Elephant camp (4200)
Walking-time about 4-5 hours. The 5th pass we will pass is called Cuyoc (5000). This will be the highest pass of our trekking. Descending to the camping.
8th day: Elephant camp (4200) - San Antonio view point (5000) - Huayllapa (3600).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We are going to view point and descend to camping and reach the village of Huayllapa. After, observing the camp of the mountain Diablo mudo – Juituhuarco and Rosario.
9th day: Huayllapa (3600) - Jashapampa (4400).
Base-camp of Diablo Mudo. 5- 6 hours. Our 6th pass will be the Tapush (4900) with the view to Auxilio, Diablo Mudo, etc.
10th day: We leave at 4:30 am to the ascend of the Diabolo Mudo (5350).
From here we descend to the lake of Jahuacocha (4100) and enjoy the view to the Cordillera Huayhuash with the mountains like Yerupaja, Hirishanca, Carnicero, Siula, Trapecio etc. These ones of our group, who will not ascend the Diablo Mudo, will pass their 7th pass named Yaucha (4800). All of us descend the mounaine ravine of Haucrish. We can observe parts of the glaciar of Hirishanca and Yerupaja. At the lake of Jahuacocha we camp this night.
11th day: Today we relax at the lake of Jahuacocha.We celebrate the long way of walking with a typical Peruvian meal which is called pachamanca. It is possible to go for a short walk to the lake of Solterococha and the base-camp of Hirishanca.
12th day: Laguna Jahuacocha (4066) - Llamac (3250).
Walking time about 5-6 hours. Today we alkk up to our last pass, named Pampa de Llamac (4300). Now we can enjoy the beautiful view to the Cordillera Huayhuash for the last time. We leave to Chiquián (3400), transfer from Chiquian to Huaraz.
*** End of Service, Trekking – Peru ***
The trip includes:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 02 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 11 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private transport Huaraz / Llamac / Huaraz
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
You are responsible for:
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Gear Recommended for Expedition trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek