Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hostel
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and Trek that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Huayhuash Perú
1st day: We drive from Huraz to Chiquian (3400m).
From here we drive to Llamac (3250m). Here we meet the donkey-driver and his donkeys. At 11.00 am we leave Llamac and walk to Cuartelhuain. (3900). During our walk we can enjoy the view to the first mountain tops like Ninashanca and we pass through rural villages like Pocpa and Paclla before we arrive our camping-site Cuartelhuain. Walking-time about 6-7 hours.
2nd day: Cuartelhuain (3900) - Laguna de Mitococha. (4100).
Walking-time 5 – 6 hours. Today we pass our first pass which is called Cacananpunta (4700) and see the summits of Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and el Grande. After that we descend until the Camping of Mitococha. From here we have a nice view to the tops of Rondoy and Hirishanca.
3rd day: Laguna de Mitococha (4100) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138).
Walking-time 5-6 hours. We climb up to the second pass of Punta Carhuac (4650). Then we descend through the mountain ravine to our camping-site of Carhuacocha.From here we can enjoy the beautiful landscape with the summits of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
4th day: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138) - Huayhuash. (4100).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. Now we pass the third pass which is named Paso de Carnicero (4600). We descend to the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero and see the mountains Siula, Jural, Carnicero and Trapecio.
5th day: Huayhuash (4100) - Laguna Viconga (4407).
Walking-time 5-6 hours. Today we climb up to the pass of Portachuelo (4750) and enjoy the view to the mountains Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and parts of the Cordillera Raura.Then we arrive at our camping-site Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
6th day: Laguna Viconga (4407) Cuyoc pass (5000) Elephant camp (4200)
Walking-time about 4-5 hours. The 5th pass we will pass is called Cuyoc (5000). This will be the highest pass of our trekking. Descending to the camping.
7th day: Elephant camp (4200) - San Antonio view point (5000) - Huayllapa (3600).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We are going to view point and descend to camping and reach the village of Huayllapa. After, observing the camp of the mountain Diablo mudo – Juituhuarco and Rosario.
8th day: Huayllapa (3600) - Jashapampa (4700) Base-camp of Diablo Mudo.
Walking-time about 5-6 hours. Today we climb up to the 6th pass, named Punta Tapush (4900) and enjoy the view to the mountains Auxilio, Diablo Mudo, etc.
9th day: Today we leave the camping at 4:30 am. Ascent to the Diablo Mudo (5350).
After that we descend to the lake Jahuacocha (4100) and enjoy the beautiful view to the Cordillera Huayhuash whith the summits of Yerupaja, Hirishanca, Carnicero, Siula, Trapecio etc. Those of our group which are not ascending the Diablo Mudo pass the 7th pass named Yaucha (4800). All of ous will descend through the mountain ravine of Haucrish. From here we can see Hirishanca and Yerupaja. Then we arrive at the lake of Jahuacocha, camping.
10th day: Laguna Jahuacocha (4066) - Llamac (3250)
Walking-time about 5-6 hours. Now we pass the last pass of our trekking. This pass is called paso de Pampa deLlamac (4300). For the last time we enjoy the view to the mountains of Cordillera Huayhuash. We drive back to Chiquian. Transport to Huaraz.
*** End of Service, Trekking – Peru ***
The trip includes:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 02 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 10 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private transport Huaraz / Llamac / Huaraz
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
You are responsible for:
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 6 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru.
- Additional nights at the hostel will cost $15.00 per person. The hostel (Waullac Inn) offers: hot water, private bathroom, TV, and cafeteria. Also, it is located within 13 blocks of the main plaza.
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
* There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú” – HUARAZ.
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ , please let us know.
Gear Recommended for Expedition trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek