Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hostel
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and Trek that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Huayhuash Perú
1st day: We drive from Huraz to Chiquian (3400m).
From here we drive to Llamac (3250m). Here we meet the donkey-driver and his donkeys. At 11.00 am we leave Llamac and walk to Cuartelhuain. (3900). During our walk we can enjoy the view to the first mountain tops like Ninashanca and we pass through rural villages like Pocpa and Paclla before we arrive our camping-site Cuartelhuain. Walking-time about 6-7 hours.
2nd day: Cuartelhuain (3900) - Laguna de Mitococha. (4100).
Walking-time 5 – 6 hours. Today we pass our first pass which is called Cacananpunta (4700) and see the summits of Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and el Grande. After that we descend until the Camping of Mitococha. From here we have a nice view to the tops of Rondoy and Hirishanca.
3rd day: Laguna de Mitococha (4100) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138).
Walking-time 5-6 hours. We climb up to the second pass of Punta Carhuac (4650). Then we descend through the mountain ravine to our camping-site of Carhuacocha.From here we can enjoy the beautiful landscape with the summits of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
4th day: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138) - Huayhuash. (4100).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. Now we pass the third pass which is named Paso de Carnicero (4600). We descend to the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero and see the mountains Siula, Jural, Carnicero y Trapecio.
5th day: Huayhuash (4100) - Laguna Viconga (4407)
Walking-time 5-6 hours. Today we climb up to the pass of Portachuelo (4750) and enjoy the view to the mountains Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and parts of the Cordillera Raura.Then we arrive at our camping-site Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
6th day: Laguna Viconga (4407) Cuyoc pass (5000) Elephant camp (4200)
Walking-time about 4-5 hours. The 5th pass we will pass is called Cuyoc (5000). This will be the highest pass of our trekking. Descending to the camping.
7th day: Elephant camp (4200) - San Antonio view point (5000) - Huayllapa (3600).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We are going to view point and descend to camping and reach the village of Huayllapa. After, observing the camp of the mountain Diablo mudo – Juituhuarco and Rosario.
8th day: Huatia (4200) - Laguna Jahuacocha (4066)
Today we pass the point of Punta Tapush (4900) and observe the mountains Auxilio, Diablo Mudo. Besides we walk up to the pass of Yaucha (4800). Where the groups usually descend to the mountain ravine of Haucrish we can see parts of the glacier of Hirishanca and Yerupaja. We arrive at the lake of Jahuacocha, camping.
9th day: Laguna Jahuacocha (4066) - Llamac (3250)
Now we pass the last pass of our trekking. This pass is called paso de Pampa de Llamac (4300). For the last time we enjoy the view to the mountains of Cordillera Huayhuash. We drive back to Chiquian. Transport to Huaraz.
*** End of Service, Trekking – Peru ***
The trip includes:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 02 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 08 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private transport Huaraz / Llamac / Huaraz
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
You are responsible for:
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Gear Recommended for Expedition trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek