Reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hostel
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and Trek that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Huayhuash Perú
1st day: Transfer from Huaraz to Chiquian. (3400).
From here we leave to Cuartelhuain (3.900). At this place we meet the donkey-driver with his donkeys. We see the first summits like Ninashanca and pass villages like Llamac, Pocpa, Paclla. Then we arrive at our camping-site at Cuartelhuain.
2nd day: Cuartelhuain (3900) - Laguna de Mitococha. (4100) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We walk up to the first pass named Cacananpunta (4700) and enjoy the view to mountains like Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes of Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and el Grande. A bit later we observe the lake Mitococha and the summits of Rondoy and Hirishancay. We follow the foothpath and reach the second pass called Punta Carhuac (4650). We descend through a mountain ravine and arrive at our camping-site of Carhuacocha with its very nice view to the summits of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
3rd day: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138) - Huayhuash. (4100).
Walking time of 6 – 7 hours. We pass the third pass of Carnicero (4600) and descend to the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero. Enjoying the view to Siula, Jural, Carnicero and Trapecio.
4th day: Huayhuash (4100) - Laguna Viconga (4407)
5-6 hours walking. We leave very early to pass the 4th pass which is named Portachuelo (4750).From here we see the summits of Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and parts of the Cordillera Raura. We camp at Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
5th day: Laguna Viconga (4407) Cuyoc pass (5000) Elephant camp (4200)
Walking-time about 4-5 hours. The 5th pass we will pass is called Cuyoc (5000). This will be the highest pass of our trekking. Descending to the camping.
6th day: Elephant camp (4200) - San Antonio view point (5000)– Huatiaj.
Walking time about 6-7 hours. We descend to the valley of Guanacpatay and pass the farm of Auquimarca where they produce cheese. We camp at Huatiaj (4300m). From here we can se the summit of Díablo Mudo.
7th day: Huatiaj (4300) - Jahuacocha (4100).
We leave our camping-site to climb up two more passes: Tapush (4800) and Yyaucha (4800). Then we will reach the lakes of Jahuacocha with its beautiful view to the Cordillera Huayhuash with mountains like Yerupaja, el Hirishanca, Carnicero, Siula, Trapecio etc. Camping at Jahuacocha (4100)
8th day: Laguna Jahuacocha (4066) - Llamac (3250)
Walking time about 5-6 hours. Now we pas the last pass which is named Pampa de Llamac (4300). For the last time we can enjoy the nice view to the Cordillera Huayhuash. We drive to Chiquián (3400). Transfer to Huaraz .
*** End of Service, Trekking – Peru ***
The trip includes:
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 02 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 07 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private transport Huaraz / Cuartelhuain / Llamac / Huaraz
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
You are responsible for:
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Gear Recommended for Expedition trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek