1st day: In the afternoon we arrive at Cajatambo and spend the night in a simple hostal.
2nd day: Cajatambo - Laguna Viconga Walking time about 8 hours
3rd day: Laguna Viconga - Huayllapa.
4th day: Huayllapa - Jashapampa
5th day: Jashapampa Laguna de Jahuacocha. We have a typical peruvian meal which is called pachamanca.
6th day: Laguna de Jahuacocha - Llamac – Chiquian. Return to Huaraz or Lima.
*** End of Service, Trekking – Peru ***
The trip includes:
- 02 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 05 days camping.
- Trekking guide (Speaking english and spanish)
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 persons one horse for emergency case
- Private transport Huaraz / Cajatambo / Llamac / Huaraz
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
You are responsible for:
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 6 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru.
- Additional nights at the hostel will cost $15.00 per person. The hostel (Waullac Inn) offers: hot water, private bathroom, TV, and cafeteria. Also, it is located within 13 blocks of the main plaza.
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
* There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú” – HUARAZ.
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ , please let us know.
Gear Recommended for Expedition trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek