Trek Ice Climbing Cordillera Huayhuash Mountain Tocllaraju
|* Altitude Cordillera Huayhuash Trek
||5.000m (Punta Cuyoc).
|* Altitude Ishinca Climbing
|* Altitude Tocllaraju Climbing
|* Route used for Ishinca
|* Route used for Tocllaraju
||Moderate - Difficult
|* Climbing Season
||April to October
|* Start trekking or Climbn
||Lima – Peru – South America
|* Locations visited
||Parque Nacional Huascaran
||Adventure, Nature, Ecological
||Day: 12ºC - 23ºC
||Night: - 4ºC - 6ºC
|* Climbing Tocllaraju
||Tº - 8ºC a - 10ºC
Day 1: Lima to Huaraz by bus
(8 hours), stay at hotel (Bus Cruz del Sur).
Reception Bus Terminal and transfer to the hotel in Huaraz.
Day 2: Cuartelhuain (3900) - Laguna de Mitococha. (4100) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We walk up to the first pass named Cacananpunta (4700) and enjoy the view to mountains like Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes of Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and el Grande. A bit later we observe the lake Mitococha and the summits of Rondoy and Hirishancay. We follow the foothpath and reach the second pass called Punta Carhuac (4650). We descend through a mountain ravine and arrive at our camping-site of Carhuacocha with its very nice view to the summits of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
Day 3: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138) - Huayhuash. (4100).
Walking time of 6 – 7 hours. We pass the third pass of Carnicero (4600) and descend to the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero. Enjoying the view to Siula, Jural, Carnicero and Trapecio.
Day 4: Huayhuash (4100) - Laguna Viconga (4407).
5-6 hours walking. We leave very early to pass the 4th pass which is named Portachuelo (4750).From here we see the summits of Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and parts of the Cordillera Raura. We camp at Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
Day 5: Laguna Viconga (4407) – Guanacpatay (3900).
Walking time about 4-5 hours. Today we walk up to the 5th pass called Cuyoc (5000). This is the highest pass of our trekking. We descend to the camping of Guanacpatay (3900).
Day 6: Guanacpatay (3900) – Huayllapa - Huatiaj.
Walking time about 6-7 hours. We descend to the valley of Guanacpatay and pass the farm of Auquimarca where they produce cheese. We camp at Huatiaj (4300m). From here we can se the summit of Díablo Mudo.
Day 7: Huatiaj (4300) - Jahuacocha (4100).
We leave our camping-site to climb up two more passes: Tapush (4800) and Yyaucha (4800). Then we will reach the lakes of Jahuacocha with its beautiful view to the Cordillera Huayhuash with mountains like Yerupaja, el Hirishanca, Carnicero, Siula, Trapecio etc. Camping at Jahuacocha (4100)
Day 8: Laguna Jahuacocha (4066) - Llamac (3250).
Walking time about 5-6 hours. Now we pas the last pass which is named Pampa de Llamac (4300). For the last time we can enjoy the nice view to the Cordillera Huayhuash. We drive to Chiquián (3400). Transfer to Huaraz
Day 9: Rest day in Huaraz.
Day 10: Huaraz – Pashpa (3600m) – Cb Ishinca (4200m).
Leave Huaraz on private transportation to the village of Collón or Pashpa, where we meet the donkeys and arrieros that will help carry the climbing gear. Here is the starting point of the trek to base camp, which takes about 4-5 hours depending on the trekking pace. The base camp is found at 4.200m.
Day 11: Cb Ishinca - Summit Ishinca ( 5530m) – Cb.
Early start from base camp to Ishinca Lake(4.900), at the end of Yanarajupampa valley. We climb a few ramps to a vast col between the two summits of Ishinca. Continuing the ascent, we reach the final slope that leads to the summit (5,530m).
Day 12: Cb Ishinca - C1 Tocllataju (5300m).
Cb Trek to camp 1 of Tocllaraju (approx. 6 hours). The last 2 hours of the climb are on the glacier and may require roping up.
Day 13: C1 Tocllataju (5300m) – Summit Tocllaraju (6.034m) – Cb.
Early start (2am) to the summit of Tocllaraju ( 6.034m), and return to camp Cb Ishinca . The round trip to the summit and back takes about 9-10 hours.
Day 14: Cb Ishinca - Pashpa - Huaraz – Hostal.
Descend from base camp to the village of Pashpa , where private transportation will transfer us back to Huaraz – hostal.
Day 15: Output Huaraz Lima
Pick up from hotel and transfer to Bus Terminal
End of service trekking climbing – Cordillera Blanca - Peruvian.
Expedition Costs Include:
- 2 nights lodging in Lima (double bed, breakfast included)
- Bus transportation Lima - Huaraz (VIP Service)
- When you arrive to huaraz we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 2 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Prívate local transportación Huaraz – Cuartelhuain – Llamac – Huaraz.
- Prívate local transportación Huaraz – Pashpa – Huaraz.
- Mountain guide (UIAGM).
- Porters carry camping equipment Cb - C1
- Cook specializes normal and vegetarian food
- Donkeys to carry the common gear (tents, food and fuel) as well as personal gear (up to 20 kg per person)
- Kitchen gear and cooking facilities at base camp (including dining tent, chairs, cooking tent).
- Food for the whole duration of the climb (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is included.
* The meals include: omelets, sups, fresh fruits, ahuacate, spaghettis meats, rice all them rich in carbohydrates, excellent to recover all the energy you lose during the trek and climbing, also include drinks as: tea, coffee, milk breads, popcorn and coco tea good for altitude sickness.
- Climbing gear: rope, Aluminum stakes, ice screws
- Camping gear: 4 season tent
- First aid kit
- Check-up for oxygen to assess acclimatization level of each client.
- Entry to National Park Huascaran .
- Food costs outside the climb (Lima and Huaraz)
- Flight from country of origin to Lima
- Extra days of lodging due to delays of the trip
- Personal equipment trekking and climbing gear (sleeping bag, sleeping mattress, plastic boots, harness, ice axes etc.)
- Personal expenses .
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 8 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru..
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
- Cruz del Sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Bus cama ( VIP) service
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
*There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú” – HUARAZ.
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ, please let us know.
Gear Recommended for Expedition
·High mountain (plastic) boots
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax)
·Fleece or wool gloves
·Hat (to block the sun)
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Mountaineering sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Toiletries / Towel
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, and cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Belay device (ATC, Super 8, etc.)
Route Climbing Ishinca Mountain
Route Climbing Tocllaraju Mountain