Climbing Tocllaraju Mountain
Altitude: 6 034 m.
Duration: 05 days.
Climbing Season: May to September
Day 1: leave Huaraz on private transportation to the village of Collon, where we meet the donkeys and arrieros that will help carry the climbing gear. Here is the starting point of the trek to base camp (4,200m), which takes about 4 - 5 hours depending on the trekking pace.
Day 2: Trek to camp 1 of Tocllaraju (approx. 6 hours). The last 2 hours of the climb are on the glacier and may require roping up.
Day 3: early start (2am) to the summit of Tocllaraju ( 6.034m), and return to camp 1. The round trip to the summit and back takes about 9-10 hours.
Day 4: return to base camp at 4,200m.
Day 5: descend from base camp to the village of Collon, where private transportation will transfer us back to Huaraz.
The price of the Expedition Includes:
- Pickup at bus terminal, in Huaraz, and transport to hotel
- 02 Nights in hostel (Huaraz), with breakfast
- Official Mountain Guide (AGMP, UIAGM, IFMGA)
- Technical climbing gear (rope, aluminum stakes, quick draws, etc.)
- First Aid Kit
- Camping gear (4-season tent, roll-up mattress)
- Kitchen stuffs (common meal tent, chairs, tables, lantern, and utensils) at base camp only
- Personalized attention of “Enrique Expedition Tours”
- Donkeys and driver for the transport of gear to base camp
- Donkeys for the transport of personal gear (15kg per person, recommended)
- Cook (specialized in vegetarian and non-vegetarian food)
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude). Also a snack will be provided everyday (tea, coffee, breads, and popcorn)
- Private transportation Huaraz/Pashpa/ Huaraz.
The client is responsible for:
- Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima, bus.
- Entrance fee to Huascaràn National Park ($22.= USD)
- Meals while in Huaraz
- Extra days in the hostel
- Personal clothing and gear (waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats coat)
- Personal clothing and gear [waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, harness, ice axe, crampons, mountaineering (plastic) boots]
- Sleeping bag (-14ºC recommended)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended Gear for Expedition Huascaran– Cordillera Blanca:
·High mountain (plastic) boots
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax)
·Fleece or wool gloves
·Hat (to block the sun)
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Mountaineering sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Toiletries / Towel
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, and cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Belay device (ATC, Super 8, etc.)
Route used for Mountain Tocllaraju