Perú - TREKKING QUILCAYHUANCA - CÓJUP
Altitude : 5.020 m
Difficulty : moderade - difficult
Duration : 06 days
Preferied time: May – September
Day 1.- Country of origin to Lima, stay at hotel.
Day 2.- Lima to Huaraz, the capital of Ancash department (3,090m) by bus (8 hours), crossing the pass of Conococha at 4,500 m. Transfer to hotel in Huaraz.
Day 3.- Huaraz - Pitec - Quebrada Quilcayhuanca - Quebrada Tullpacocha We leave Huaraz on transportation to the small village of Llupa (3650 m), from where we start the trek up to the village of Pitec (3850 m), for about 2 hours. After a small break, we continue with porters to the trail fork of the valleys Quilcayhuanca and Cayesh. We take the trail to Tullpacocha valley and walk to first camping site at 4250 m.
Day 4.- Tullpacocha - Paso Huapi (5020 m) - Cojup Valley.
On the second day we start on the trail that climbs to Cuchillacocha Lake (4625 m) situated at the base of Pucaranra (6156 m) and Chinchey (6222 m), and then continue climbing to Huapi Pass (5020 m), about 5 hours. From this point, the highest of the circuit, we have a view of Nevados Huapi, Pucaranra, Tullparaju, Andavete, Cayesh, Maparaju, San Juan, Palcaraju, Ishinca and Ranrapalca. WE then descend to Cojup valley and camp at the bottom of this beautiful valley, with excellent sunset views.
Day 5.- Quebrada Cojup – Huaraz: On the last of the trek, we start the descent along Cojup valley, reaching a meadow where we have a view over the other valets. Then we reach small settlements and return to the starting point- the village of Llupa. From here, private transport will take us back to Huaraz.
Day 6.- Return to Lima and transfer to hotel.
EXPEDITION COSTS INCLUDE:
- 2 nights lodging in Lima (double bed, breakfast included)
- When you arrive to huaraz we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 2 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- 2 nights camping
- Bus transportation Lima - Huaraz and private local transportation Huaraz - pitec - Huaraz.
- Mountain guide, porters and cook.
- Donkeys to carry the common gear (tents, food and fuel) as well as personal gear (up to 20 kg per person)
- Kitchen gear and cooking facilities at base camp (including dining tent, chairs, cooking tent)
. Food for the whole duration of the climb (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is included.
* The meals include: omelets, sups, fresh fruits, ahuacate, spaghettis meats, rice all them rich in carbohydrates, excellent to recover all the energy you lose during the trek, also include drinks as: tea, coffee, milk breads, popcorn and coco tea good for altitude sickness.
- Camping gear: 4 season tent
- First aid kit
- Check-up for oxygen to assess acclimatization level of each client.
- Entry to National Park Huascaran.
- Food costs outside the climb (Lima and Huaraz)
- Flight from country of origin to Lima
- Extra days of lodging due to delays of the trip
- Personal trekking and climbing gear (sleeping bag, sleeping mattress etc..)
- Personal expenses.
- The prices can change according to the date and number of persons, please catch up us on the web for more information.
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Gear Recommended for Quilcayhuanca Cojup Trek.
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Plastic bags .