Day 1: Arrival to Lima
Reception in the airport and transport to a local hotel of confidence
Day 2: Transport Lima - Huaraz (bus)
We travel by bus from Lima – Huaraz (capital of the department of Ancash, 3,100m.) in “Cruz del Sur”, service bus cama (VIP). http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
Departure time from Lima 09:30am and arrival time in Huaraz 5:30pm; reception at bus terminal in Huaraz, and transportation to a local hostel
The personnel from “Enrique Expedition Tours” will give you further information about the hiking and climbing that you will be doing here in the Cordillera Blanca.
Day 3: Acclimatization trek, Laguna Churup (4450m.) – Hostel
We leave from Huaraz in a private bus to Pitec (3850 m.)First we will pass the town of LLupa (3650 m.); at this point there is a full view of the southern end of the Cordillera Blanca and the picturesque towns on the outskirts of Huaraz. Arriving to Pitec we will begin our hike through Churup Gorge and after a few hours of hiking we will reach Laguna Churup. Here we will rest for about an hour, at which point we will begin our descent back to the city of Huaraz.
Day 4: Transfer from Huaraz to Chiquian. (3400m) - Cuartelhuain (3900m)
From here we leave to Cuartelhuain (3.900). At this place we meet the donkey-driver with his donkeys. We see the first summits like Ninashanca and pass villages like Llamac, Pocpa, Paclla. Then we arrive at our camping-site at Cuartelhuain.
Day 5: Cuartelhuain (3900m) - Laguna de Mitococha (4100m) - Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138m).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We walk up to the first pass named Cacananpunta (4700) and enjoy the view to mountains like Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes of Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and el Grande. A bit later we observe the lake Mitococha and the summits of Rondoy and Hirishancay. We follow the foothpath and reach the second pass called Punta Carhuac (4650). We descend through a mountain ravine and arrive at our camping-site of Carhuacocha with its very nice view to the summits of Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
Day 6: Laguna de Carhuacocha (4138m) - Huayhuash. (4100m).
Walking-time about 6-7 hours. We pass the third pass of Carnicero (4600) and descend to the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero. Enjoying the view to Siula, Jural, Carnicero and Trapecio.
Day 7: Huayhuash (4100m) - Laguna Viconga (4407m).
Walking-time about 5-6 hours. We leave very early to pass the 4th pass which is named Portachuelo (4750).From here we see the summits of Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and parts of the Cordillera Raura. We camp at Viconga (4300). It is possible to take a bath at the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000).
Day 8: Laguna Viconga (4407m) Cuyoc pass (5000m) Elephant camp (4200m)
Walking - time about 4-5 hours. The 5th pass we will pass is called Cuyoc (5000). This will be the highest pass of our trekking. Descending to the camping.
Day 9: Elephant camp (4200m) - San Antonio view point (5000m) - Huayllapa (3600m).
Walking - time about 6-7 hours. We are going to view point and descend to camping and reach the village of Huayllapa. After, observing the camp of the mountain Diablo mudo – Juituhuarco and Rosario.
Day 10: Huayllapa (3600m) - Jashapampa (4400m) Base - Camp of Diablo Mudo.
Walking - time about 5-6 hours. Today we climb up to the 6th pass, named Punta Tapush (4900) and enjoy the view to the mountains Auxilio, Diablo Mudo, etc.
Day 11: Jashapampa (4400m) - Laguna Jahuacocha (4066m).
Walking - time about 5-6 hours. Today we pass the point of Punta Tapush (4900) and observe the mountains Auxilio, Diablo Mudo. Besides we walk up to the pass of Yaucha (4800). Where the groups usually descend to the mountain ravine of Haucrish we can see parts of the glacier of Hirishanca and Yerupaja. We arrive at the lake of Jahuacocha, camping.
Day 12: Laguna Jahuacocha (4066m) - Llamac (3250m).
Now we pass the last pass of our trekking. This pass is called paso de Pampa de Llamac (4300). For the last time we enjoy the view to the mountains of Cordillera Huayhuash. We drive back to Chiquian. Transport to Huaraz - Hotel.
Day 13: Leave Huaraz for Lima (Bus)
Transport from hostel to bus terminal of “Cruz del Sur” and departure from Huaraz
*You may depart morning or night, depending on your preference.
In Lima, pick-up, and transport from bus terminal - hotel
Day 14: Lima; Hotel - airport – Return home
This day you will be picked-up from the hotel and taken to the airport in time for your flight home.
*** End of Service, Trekking Cordillera Huayhuash – Peru ***
The Expedition Price Includes:
- When you arrive to Lima we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 02 nights lodging in Lima (double bed, breakfast included)
- Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima, bus semi (VIP) http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Transfer hotel – bus terminal
- 03 nights at the hostel in Huaraz (incl. breakfast).
- 07 days camping.
- Trekking guide.
- Medicine chest first aid
- Camping equipment (two-men-tent, eating-tent, toilet, matraz and cooking-equipment)
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkey-driver and donkeys for carrying your personal equipment (recommended 15kg pp)
- More than 6 person’s one horse for emergency case
- Transport Huaraz / Cuartelhuain / Llamac / Huaraz
- Meal during the trip (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – The meal includes omlette, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice and everything which contains sufficient carbohydrate, which is important for a good fisical health during the trip, hot drinks incl. coca-tea, which is excellent for the altitude. Tea, coffee, popcorn.
You are responsible for:
- Entrance-fee for the National Parque Huayhuash
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Days extra
- Personal clothes and lagguage during the trekking (goretex-trousers, jacket, gloves, cap)
- Sleeping-bag (-14C)
Important Information for the Client:
- We recommend a reservation with at least 4 month of anticipation, so that we may offer the best prices possible.
- The reservation is made with the payment of 40% of the total price. With the remaining 60% paid on arrival to Huaraz (in the office of “Enrique Expedition Tours”).
- Please inform us (“Enrique Expedition Tours”) once the 40% has been deposited, and we will send you a reservation voucher, with a complete itinerary of your stay with us here in Peru..
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz –Lima is not include, but we recommend using
- Cruz del Sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Bus cama ( VIP) service
This bus service includes:
• 2 level bus
• 2nd level has fully reclining seats
• Radar to detect objects in the road (within 150m.)
• Internal video cameras (for the security of the passenger)
• 02 Bathrooms
• Non-stop service to Huaraz
•Meals while in route
• Air conditioning and heating
• Individual reading lamps
• Bingo (return ticket as a prize)
*There are also flights Lima-Huaraz-Lima
The airline is “LC Perú” – HUARAZ.
Everyday flights are:
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8.15 AM - Arrival 9: 05 AM
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35 AM - Arrival 10:25 AM
- All passengers must be at the airport an hour before the flight.
- LUGGAGE: All passengers are allowed 15kg of luggage (10kg checked, 5kg carry-on). There is a fee of $1.00 for every kg in excess of the allotted weight (not including tax)
- The cost of the flight is $144.00 USD per person
If you would like to use the services of “LC Perú” - HUARAZ, please let us know.
Gear Recommended for Cordillera Huayhuash trek
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax, etc.)
·Wool or fleece gloves
·Hat to block the sun
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek (9 Days)