Climbing Ishinca Mountain Peru
|* Altitude Maximum of Ishinca
|* Route used for Ishinca
||Moderate - Difficult
|* Recommended time of year
|* Starting point of expedition
||Huaraz – Ancash – Peru.
|* Locations Visited
||Parque Nacional Huascaran
||Adventure, Nature, Ecological
|* Average Temp.
||Day: 12ºC - 23ºC
Night: - 4ºC - 6ºC
||- 8ºC a - 10ºC
Access to Ishinca Valley is by private transportation (taxi) arranged by our company to the village of Collon or Pashpa, which constitute the starting point of the trek. The approach trek is 4-5 hourts on a well marked trail that follows the Ishinca Valley to base camp at 4,200m. At base camp there is a cabin built by Italians, where it's possible to spend the night. The base camp gives access to URUS (5,495m) and ISHINCA (most frequently climbed due to their accessibility for the less experienced climbers) as well as the north and east face of RANRAPALCA(6,162m) and PALCARAJU (6,110m), both very difficult climbs.
Reception in the terminal of bus and transfer the hotel in Huaraz
The personal of” Enrique expedition tours “and guide of mountain you be inform the details of our expedition of climb cordillera Blanca, snowy Ishinca Tocllaraju Perú.
Organization the material of mountain and last legs report logistics of we guide (IFMGA – UIAGM) about the inform expeditions than fulfill.
Day 1. - Huaraz (3100m) - Pashpa (3600m) - Camp basis Ishinca (4400m).
To go out of Huaraz in bus private the town pashpa where us wait the animal driver and the donkeys for transport the equipment of camp with personal, later her are to initiate the trekking till to get there camp basis Ishinca than us take a average on average four or five hours, according to the rhythm of trekking of each person then here the camp than are encounter an altitude of (4400m.)
(Height difference: +800m; duration: 5 – 6 hour approximate)
Day 2. - Camp basis (4400m.)- Summit of Ishinca (5530m) – Cb.
It day is a departure more early approximating 4:00 a.m. and we to go to till the camp advanced than are to go out in the mountain Yanarajupampa, walk for the route of the Arista NE of snowy
Ishinca, to start the glacial for a smaller peak of Ishinca, walk for easy ramps, drawing crevice, toward the ample collado between the peaks smaller to ishinka. To be to surpass numerous slope are to get there at the summit of it is snowy. We are return for the Arista SO of ishinca, we are to do go for the side of lake of ishinca and the route of descent to find hitos Sharp and to happen a morrena with larges blocks, it is route of descend have a slope of 60º.(hour approximate of return the Cb Ishinca 13:00pm).
(Height difference: +1130 m; duration: 10 – 11 hour approximate)
Day 3. - Cb Ishinca (4400m) – Pashpa (3300m) – Huaraz - Hotel.
It Day we animal drive as to load a the donkeys we equipment’s of camp as personal with is return from the camp basis the center hamlet Pashpa, in where we wait the bus of the company than we to transport a Huaraz – hotel.
(Height difference: - 800 m; duration: 5 – 6 hour approximate)
*** End of service for Expedición de Ascensión Cordillera Blanca***
The Price of the expedition includes:
- Pickup at bus terminal, in Huaraz, and transport to hotel
- 02 Nights in hostel (Huaraz), with breakfast
- Official Mountain Guide (AGMP, UIAGM, IFMGA)
- Technical climbing gear (rope, aluminum stakes, quick draws, etc.)
- First Aid Kit
- Camping gear (4-season tent, roll-up mattress)
- Kitchen stuffs (common meal tent, chairs, tables, lantern, and utensils) at base camp only
- Personalized attention of “Enrique Expedition Tours”
- Donkeys and driver for the transport of gear to base camp
- Donkeys for the transport of personal gear (15kg per person, recommended)
- Cook (specialized in vegetarian and non-vegetarian food)
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude). Also a snack will be provided everyday (tea, coffee, breads, and popcorn)
- Private transportation Huaraz/Pashpa/ Huaraz.
The client is responsible for:
- Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima, bus.
- Entrance fee to Huascaràn National Park ($22.= USD)
- Meals while in Huaraz
- Extra days in the hostel
- Personal clothing and gear (waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats coat)
- Personal clothing and gear [waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, harness, ice axe, crampons, mountaineering (plastic) boots]
- Sleeping bag (-14ºC recommended)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended Gear for Expedition Ishinca
·High mountain (plastic) boots
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax)
·Fleece or wool gloves
·Hat (to block the sun)
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Mountaineering sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Toiletries / Towel
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, and cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
Alimentation for Climbing Ishinca Mountain
- Tea, coffee, coca tea, herbal teas, milk, hot chocolate, butter, jam (2 flavors), honey, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, cheese, bread, and avocado
- Fruits (orange, apple, banana, mandarin)
- Cheese sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Tuna sandwich
- Avocado, etc.
- Hard candy
1st day: Cream of Mushroom………………….. Spaghetti with meat sauce
2nd day: Asparagus Soup………….…………… Vegetable Tortilla with Meat
Also, meals include: hot drinks, breads, popcorn, desserts (mazamorra morada, mazamorra de melocotón, jello, etc.)
Ascent route to Mount Ishinca (5.530 m) – Cordillera Blanca - Perú