1st day.- Arrival to Lima.
Pick up at the airport “Jorge Chavez” in Lima and transportation to the reserved hotel in Lima.
Website of the hotel in Lima: http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
2nd day.- Departure from Lima to Huaraz (by bus).
We will travel by bus from Lima to Huaraz, the capital of the district of Ancash (3100m). The transport provided by the company “Cruz del Sur” includes a “bus cama”, an overnight trip with reclined seats. http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
Departure time from Lima is at 09:30am and we will arrive in Huaraz at 5:30pm. Pick up at the bus terminal and transfer to the hotel in Huaraz is included.
The staff of "Enrique Expedition Tours" and the trekking guide will inform you about the last details of the Cordillera Huayhuash trekking expedition.
3rd day.- Acclimation trek to Paltay – Honcopampa – Waterfalls of Akilpo (4450m) – Hotel.
Trekking of 5 to 6 hours. Departure is from Huaraz and it takes about 15 minutes by bus to the village of Paltay (3050m), where the trekking route begins. On our way up we will visit small villages with their individual customs and traditions and can enjoy especially the fields of flowers, which are the economic livelihood of the villagers. After about 4 hours we will reach the highest point (3800m), where you have the view of the Callejon de Huaylas surrounded by the Cordillera blanca and negra (white and black mountain range) with its imposing mountains directly in front of us (Vallunaraju, Urus, Tocllaraju, Vicos and Copa).
One hour and a half further down on our way we will reach the village and archaeological center Honcopampa (3500m) with remains, belonging to the Wari culture (700 -1100 BC). After 30 minutes walk from this place we will reach the Akilpo waterfall, which is the most beautiful gift of nature, surrounded by orchids and quenuales.
We will return to Honcopampa, where we will take the transport to our hotel in Huaraz.
After the trekking in the evening we will get by our guide the last information for our expedition to the Cordillera Huayhuash.
4th day.- Huaraz (3100m) – Conococha (4050m) – Huallanca – Cuartelhuain (3900m).
Pick up at the hotel and departure by private bus from Huaraz to Huallanca city (3400m). We will continue our journey towards Cuartelhuain (3900m), where we will be expected by our donkeys and donkey drivers to pack everything, so that we can start walking the next day from camp Cuartelhuain.
(Elevation change: +800m; Duration: approx. 5 hours bus travel).
5th day.- Cuartelhuain (3900m) – Lake de Mitococha (4100m) – Lake de Carhuacocha (4138m).
We will pass the first pass of Cacananpunta (4700m). We will observe some mountains like Ninashanca, Rondoy, the lakes of Pucacocha, Yanacocha Chico and Grande (small and big). Later by descending towards lake Mitococha we will get to see the mountains Rondoy and Hirishanca. We will continue our trekking and pass the second pass of Punta Carhuac (4650m) and descend through the ravine to our camp Carhuacocha. We will enjoy a panoramic view of the mountains Jirishanca, Yerupaja, Toro, etc.
(Elevation change: +800m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
6th day.- Lake Carhuacocha (4138m) – Huayhuash (4100m).
We will pass the third pass of Carnicero (4600m) and descend in between the lakes of Atocshaico, Carnicero. We will see the mountains Siula, Khural, Carnicero and Trapecio.
(Elevation change: +462m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
7th day.- Huayhuash (4100m) – Lake Viconga (4407m).
We will leave very early to pass the fourth pass of Portachuelo (4750m). There we can see the mountains Puscanturpa, Cuyoc, Millpo and a part of the Cordillera Raura. After we will arrive at our campsite in Viconga (4300m) you will have the chance to take a bath in the hot springs of Atuscancha (4000m).
(Elevation change: +650m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
8th day.- Lake Viconga (4407m) – Pampa Elefante (3900m).
We will pass the fifth pass of Cuyoc (5000m), the highest of the entire circuit. Descent through the ravine of Guanacpatay to the camp - Pampa Elephant (3900m).
(Elevation change: +593m; Duration: approx. 6-7 hours).
9th day.- Pampa Elefante (3900m) – Lookout San Antonio – Huatiaj (4300m).
We will leave the camp to climb up to the lookout San Antonio, where we have a beautiful view of the Cordillera Huayhuash. Later we will descend along the valley Guanacpatay to the village of Huayllapa. After visiting the village we will head towards our camp Huatiaj.
(Elevation change: +400m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
10th day.- Huatiaj (4300m) – Lake Jahuacocha (4100m).
This day we will leave our camp to conquer two passes, Tapush (4900m) and Yaucha (4800m), to hike further towards lake Jahuacocha. From there we will enjoy a panoramic view of a part of the Cordillera Huayhuash, including Yerupaja, Hirishanca, Butcher, Siula, Trapeze etc. Arrival at our campsite at Lake Jahuacocha (4100m).
(Elevation change: +900m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
11th day.- Lake Jahuacocha (4066m) – Llamac (3250m) – Huaraz – Hostal.
We will pass the last pass of Pampa de Llamac (4300m). For the last time we have the opportunity to see the mountains of the Cordillera Huayhuash. Arrival at Llamac, where we will be expected by the bus company "Enrique Expedition Tours" to take us back to Chiquian and Huaraz (same way like the travel from Huaraz).
(Elevation change: +234m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
12th day.- Departure from Huaraz to Lima (Bus).
Transportation from the hotel to the bus terminal "Cruz del Sur" and departure from Huaraz.
The departure time will be determined by your schedule, in the morning or night.
Morning departure: 11:00 am.
Night departure: 10:30 pm.
Pick up at the bus terminal in Lima and transfer to the hotel booked by us.
Website of the hotel in Lima: http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
13th day.- Lima Hotel – airport – Return to the country of origin.
Transfer from the hotel to the airport - Return to the country of origin.
*** End of the Trekking in the Cordillera of the Andes ***
The price of the expedition includes:
- Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Lima.
- 2 nights in hotel in Lima, including breakfast. http://www.theplacehostal.com.pe/
- Bus tickets Lima - Huaraz - Lima with the company "Cruz del Sur"; Webside: : http://www1.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Pick up and transfer from the bus terminal in Huaraz to the hotel
- 03 nights lodging in Huaraz, with breakfast.
- Specialized and certificated Trekking Guide
- First-Aid Kit.
- Camping equipment (mountain tent, mattress).
- Cooking Equipment (dining tent, chairs and kitchenware)
- Personal attention by "Enrique Expedition Tours"
- Donkeys and carrier to transport the camping equipment
- Donkeys to transport the personal equipment of the clients (15 kilos per person).
- One horse in case of emergency with seats
- Cook provides vegetarian options
- Food within this expedition (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
* The meals include omelets, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for the physical effort of trekking), hot drinks (including coca leaf tea, which is excellent for the altitude). Tea provided every day (tea, coffee, biscuits and popcorn).
- Land transportation Huaraz - Yungar - Huaraz.
- Land Transportation Huaraz - Cualtelhuain - Huaraz
You are responsible for:
- Food and drink in the city.
- Entrance to the Huayhuash National Park
- Extra days of lodging caused of earlier arrival or delayed departure.
- Personal clothing and trekking equipment (gorotex trousers, jacket, gloves, hats)
- Sleeping Bag. (Preferably -14ºC).
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended mountain equipment for the expedition:
• Trekking boots.
• Trekking socks (synthetic fibers: Colmax ...).
• Thermal socks.
• Leggings/ boot covers.
• Fine microfiber gloves.
• Wool of Fleece Gloves.
• Padded Mittens.
• Sun hat.
• Cap for the cold (fleece or other).
• Thermal and microfiber shirts.
• Finefiber sweater.
• Quilted Anorak (down or fiber).
• Waterproof jacket (goretex or other).
• Trekking pants.
• Fleece pants.
• Waterproof pants (goretex or other).
• Waterproof layer.
• Altitude glasses (with side shields).
• Backpack of 70/80 l.
• Headlamp (with spare bulbs and batteries).
• Sunscreen (lips and skin).
• Personal kit.
• Photographical equipment.
• Sleeping bag for altitude (down).
• Toilet bag and towel.
• Rubber sandals (for taking showers/ crossing rivers/ taking a bath).
• Bag with personal documents and money.
• Plastic bags
MAPS of Cordillera Huayhuash Trek (9 Days)