Climbing Pisco Mountain - Quilcayhuanca Cojup - Lake Churup Trekking Huaraz - Perú - South America
|- Altitude Lake Churup Trek.
|- Altitude Quilcayhuanca Trek.
|| 5,020m ( Huapi pass)
|- Altitude Pisco Climbing
|| 12 Days
Moderate - Difficult
|- Climbing Season
||April to October
|- Route Pisco Climbing
|- Start Climb.
||Lima – Perú – South América.
||Huascarán National Park
|* Starting Point of Expedition
||Huaraz – Ancash – Perú.
||Day: 12ºC - 23ºC
||Night: ‾ 4ºC - 6ºC.
This is the most common climb in Cordillera Blanca. Generally, trekkers complete their trip with a climb of the SO route of Pisco, after the required acclimatization. The view from the summit of Pisco is probably one of the most impressive in the whole Cordillera Blanca Perú, offering a 360° panorama over snow capped mountains.
1st day: Arrival at Lima, transfer from the airport to the hotel in Lima
2nd day: Lima – Huaraz (bus).
Transfer to Huaraz (distance: 400 km from Lima), passing the Conococha (4,050m), transfer from the bus-station to the hotel
3rd day: Acclimatization trek to Lake Churup (4,450m).
We leave Huaraz at 7 a.m. for the village of Pitec. From the village, we ascend for about 3 hours, including some rock scrambling at the top, to reach Churup Lake, a beautiful turquoise lake at the base of Churup Mountain – Huaraz - Hostal .
4th day: Huaraz (3,100m) - Pitec - Quebrada Quilcayhuanca - Quebrada Tullpacocha.
We leave Huaraz on transportation to the small village of Llupa (3650 m), from where we start the trek up to the village of Pitec (3850 m), for about 2 hours. After a small break, we continue with porters to the trail fork of the valleys Quilcayhuanca and Cayesh. We take the trail to Tullpacocha valley and walk to first camping site at 4250 m.
5th day: Tullpacocha - Paso Huapi (5020 m) - Cojup Valley.
On the second day we start on the trail that climbs to Cuchillacocha Lake (4625 m) situated at the base of Pucaranra (6156 m) and Chinchey (6222 m), and then continue climbing to Huapi Pass (5020 m), about 5 hours. From this point, the highest of the circuit, we have a view of Nevados Huapi, Pucaranra, Tullparaju, Andavete, Cayesh, Maparaju, San Juan, Palcaraju, Ishinca and Ranrapalca. WE then descend to Cojup valley and camp at the bottom of this beautiful valley, with excellent sunset views.
6th day: Quebrada Cojup – Huaraz – Hostal.
On the last of the trek, we start the descent along Cojup valley, reaching a meadow where we have a view over the other valets. Then we reach small settlements and return to the starting point- the village of Llupa. From here, private transport will take us back to Huaraz.
7th day: Day of rest in Huaraz.
Logistics and preparing the technical gear for the expedition.
8th day: Huaraz (3,100m) – Yungay – Cebollapampa – Cb Pisco (4,600m).
We leave from Huaraz to Huaylas Valley in bus, towards the town of Yungay (2500m). We continue on dirt road on the upper Llanganuco Valley passing the Lakes Chinancocha y Orconcocha to the point called Cebollapampa, located in Llanganuco Valley.. This is the starting point for the approach trek for climbing Pisco (5,762m), Huandoy (6,395m) and Chacraraju (6,112m). The base camp is reached in approximately 4 hours.
9th day: Cb Pisco (4,600) – Summit Pisco (5,750m) – Cb.
Early start (2-3 am) for the summit climb. We cross a moraine and climb to the glacier tongue, and then to the col, which offers excellent views of summits of Cordillera Blanca. The route to the summit crosses a crevasse to reach the summit, where a 360º view around makes us forget the fatigue. Descent to base camp.
10th day: Cb – Cebollapampa – Yungay – Huaraz – Hostal.
Descent from base camp to Cebollapampa where transportation will take us back to the hostal in Huaraz.
11th day: Travelling back to Lima (bus) – Hotel.
Transfer to Lima (hostal).
12th day: Lima, transfers from hotel to airport. Return to country of origin.
EXPEDITION COSTS INCLUDE:
- When you arrive to Lima we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 2 nights lodging in Lima (double bed.)
- When you arrive to Huaraz we pick up you to the hotel by taxi.
- 03 nights lodging in Huaraz (double bed, breakfast included)
- Bus transportation Lima – Huaraz. (Service VIP).
- Private local transportation Huaraz /Pitec/Huaraz.
- Private local transportation Huaraz /Cebollapampa/Huaraz.
- Mountain guide (IUAGM) Climb.
- Porters carry camping equipment Quilcayhuanca Trek
- Cook, specialized in cooking normal and vegetarian meals
- Donkeys to carry the common gear (tents, food and fuel) as well as donkeys to carry personal gear (up to 20 kg per person)
- Kitchen gear and cooking facilities at base camp (including dining tent, chairs, cooking tent).
- Food for the whole duration of the climb (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is included.
- The meals include: omelets, sups, fresh fruits, ahuacate, spaghettis meats, rice all them rich in carbohydrates, excellent to recover all the energy you lose during the trek and climbing, also include drinks as: tea, coffee, milk breads, popcorn and coco tea good for altitude sickness
- Climbing gear: rope, aluminum stakes, ice screws
- Camping gear: 4 season tent
- First aid kit
- Check-up for oxygen to assess acclimatization level of each client.
- Food costs outside the climb (Lima and Huaraz).
- Entry to National Park Huascarán.
- Flight from country of origin to Lima
- Extra days of lodging due to delays of the trip
- Personal trekking and climbing gear (plastic boots, harness, ice axes, sleeping bag, sleeping mattress etc..)
- Personal expenses.
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended Gear for Expedition – Cordillera Blanca:
·High mountain (plastic) boots
·Hiking socks (synthetic fibers, coolmax)
·Fleece or wool gloves
·Hat (to block the sun)
·Cold weather hat
·Cold weather jacket
·Mountaineering sunglasses (with side guards)
·70/80 L backpack
·Headlamp (with extra batteries)
·Sun block (for skin and lips)
·Personal first-aid kit
·Cold weather sleeping bag
·Toiletries / Towel
·Sandals (to bathe, relax, and cross streams)
·Waterproof bag (for documents and money)
·Belay device (ATC, Super 8, etc.)
Route Climbing Pisco Mountain : Arista SO
Route Climbing Pisco Mountain - Cordillera Blanca