Climbing Mountain Copa 04 Days
|* Max. altitude of Mount Copa
||6188 m (Summit).
||Medium to difficult.
|* Path to ascend Mount Copa
|* Recommended season
||May to September.
||Cordillera Blanca - Peru
|* Starting point of the expedition
||Huaraz – Ancash - Peru
|* Places to visit
||Huascaran National Park.
|* Code of the ascend program
||ARCHV - 510
|* Percentage of Success
Adventure, High mountain tourism
*Tº on the expedition.
||at day: + 13ºC to +23ºC
||at night: - 6ºC to - 4ºC
early morning: - 8ºC to - 10ºC
When you arrive in Huaraz, our staff will be waiting for you at the bus terminal to transfer you to the hotel, booked by us. After that you will be presented to "Enrique Expedition Tours" and your mountain guide will inform you about the details for the ascent in the Cordillera Blanca.
1st day.-Huaraz – Marcara – Vicos – Base Camp (4600m)
We will leave Huaraz by private bus towards the north part of the Callejón (Alley) of Huaylas until we will reach the village of Marcara, where we expect the donkey driver, who will load the donkeys with our luggage and camping staff. From there the trek starts to the base camp of Ishinca (4400m), what will take us about four to five hours.
(Elevation Change: +800m; Duration: approx. 5 hours).
2nd day.- Base Camp (4600m) - Camp 1 (5200m) - Mount Copa
We will leave very early the base camp and climb up a moraine above Lake Lejiacocha towards the direction of camp 1 (5200m). To reach the camp 1, we will have to pass a rocky zone of 400m to arrive to Camp 1.
In this part our carriers will carry our staff, because it is impossible to go there with donkeys and if there is snow, we will use our crampons and ice axes. In this area we will orientate us more towards the left side and it is also convenient to pass it very early to avoid falling stones – for our protection we will be using helmets. The slope is about 50-55°.
If it is a dry year there will be snow starting at the middle of the corridor, where you enter the glacier. From this point to Camp 1 we will climb up an interminable slope of 40-45°. We will transport our personal equipment and have to avoid some cracks to reach Camp 1 at 5200m. Here we can enjoy a wonderful view of the big glacier plateau.
(Elevation Change: +600m; Duration: approx. 5-6 hours).
3rd day.- Camp 1 (4600m) – Copa Summit (6188m) – Base Camp (4600m).
This day we will leave the campsite very early to attack Copa summit (6188m). We will have to take into account that the route varies every year. When we will arrive to the summit we will observe the big ice plateau of this mountain. It is recommended to be at the summit around 12 or 1am in the night. After conquering the top we will descend to Camp 1 and then go further to the base camp.
It is important to know that the route to the summit of Mount Copa is very dangerous, because there are covered cracks.
(Elevation Change: +1588 m; Duration: approx. 10 hours).
4th day.- Base Camp (4600m) – Vicos – Huaraz – Hotel.
After a good breakfast our donkey driver will pack the donkeys with our camping and personal equipment to walk back downhill from the base camp to the center of the village Vicos. There we will be expected by a bus of the Company "Enrique Expedition Tours", that will bring us to Huaraz – Hotel.
(Elevation Change: -800 m; Duration: approx. 4 hours).
Departure from Huaraz to Lima (Bus).
Transportation from the hotel to the bus terminal "Cruz del Sur" and departure from Huaraz.
The departure time will be determined by your schedule, in the morning or night.
Morning departure: 11:00 am.
Night departure: 10:30 pm.
*** End of the Expedition of Ice climbing in the Cordillera Blanca Peru ***
- The prices are expressed in US dollars and are per person.
- Logistical aspects: There will be 1 mountain guide for 2 clients.
The price of the expedition includes:
- Pick up and transfer from the bus terminal in Huaraz to the hotel
- 02 nights lodging in ** “ Waullac Inn” ** hostel in Huaraz, with breakfast.
- Certificated Mountain Guide (IFMGA - UIAGM).
- Porters to transport the camping equipment.
- First-Aid Kit.
- Climbing equipment (rope, snow pickets, ice screws, etc.)
- Camping equipment (mountain tent, mattress).
- Personal climbing equipment (Harness, Axes, Crampons, Helmet etc.)
- Cooking Equipment (dining tent, chairs and kitchenware) only at the base camp.
- Personal attention by "Enrique Expedition Tours"
- Donkeys and carrier to transport the camping equipment
- Donkeys to transport the personal equipment of the clients (15 kilos per person).
- Cook provides vegetarian options
- Food within this expedition (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
* The meals include omelets, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for the physical effort of trekking), hot drinks (including coca leaf tea, which is excellent for the altitude). Tea provided every day (tea, coffee, biscuits and popcorn).
- Land Transportation Huaraz - Vicos - Huaraz
You are responsible for:
- Bus ticket Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Food and drink in the city.
- Entrance to the Huascaran National Park ($22.-).
- Extra days of lodging caused of earlier arrival or delayed departure.
- Personal clothing and trekking equipment (gorotex trousers, jacket, gloves, hats)
- Personal climbing equipment (harness, ice axes, crampons helmet, gloves, sun glasses, etc).
- Sleeping Bag. (Preferably -20ºC).
Important Customer Information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 5 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended Mountain Equipment for the Expedition:
• Trekking boots.
• High mountain boots.
• Trekking socks (synthetic fibers: Colmax ...).
• Thermal socks.
• Leggings/ boot covers.
• Fine microfiber gloves.
• Wool of Fleece Gloves.
• Padded Mittens.
• Sun hat.
• Cap for the cold (fleece or other).
• Thermal and microfiber shirts.
• Finefiber sweater.
• Quilted Anorak (down or fiber).
• Waterproof jacket (goretex or other).
• Trekking pants.
• Fleece pants.
• Waterproof pants (goretex or other).
• Waterproof layer.
• Altitude glasses (with side shields).
• Backpack of 70/80 l.
• Headlamp (with spare bulbs and batteries).
• Sunscreen (lips and skin).
• Personal kit.
• Photographical equipment.
• Sleeping bag for altitude (down).
• Toilet bag and towel.
• Rubber sandals (for taking showers/ crossing rivers/ taking a bath).
• Bag with personal documents and money.
• Ice Axe.
• Automatic crampons (with antiboots).
• Jumar and descender.
If you do not have these materials we can get them in Huaraz:
• Ice Axe.
• Automatical crampons (with antiboots).
• Jumar and descender.
Ascent route to Mount Copa – Cordillera Blanca - Peru