Climbing Chopicalqui Mountain - Perú - South América
|- Altitude climbing Chopicalqui
||PD +/ AD
|- Climbing Season
||April to October
|- Route Climbing Chopicalqui
|- Start Climbing.
||Huaraz - Perú
Day 1: Acclimatization trek to Churup Lake (4.450 m) and return to Huaraz.
We leave Huaraz by private-bus to the little village Pitek (3.850m). At first we pass through another village, which is called Llupa (3.650m). From here we have a beautiful view to the southern part of the Cordillera Blanca. Our trip to the Churup-Lake (4.450m) we start from Pitek. At first we enter the mountain ravine of Churup. After some hours of walking we reach the Lake Churup. Here we stay for one hour before we return to Huaraz.
Day 2: Huaraz to base camp of Chopicalqui. (4.350 m):
Bus ride to Portachuelo Llanganuco (4.100 m) where we start walking to the base camp, carrying our personal gear. We spend the night at the camp.
Day 3: base camp to camp 1 (5.300 m).
Vertical drop: 900 m, duration: 4 to 5 hours.
Day 4: Chopicalqui summit (6.354 m) – C1
Early start before dawn to climb to the summit. The vertical drop of 1,054 m and the return to camp 1 is usually done in 10 to 11 hours. The summit offers exceptional views of the whole Cordillera Blanca mountain range.
Day 5: Camp 1 - Camp Morrena to Huaraz - Hostal.
Return to Portachuelo Llanganuco where we transfer on bus to Huaraz - Hostal.
The vertical drop of 1200 m is done in 4 hours.
The Expedition Price Includes:
- Pickup at bus terminal, in Huaraz, and transport to hotel
- 02 nights at hotel, in Huaraz (with breakfast)
- Specialized climbing guide, certified by Casa de Guías (UIAGM)
- Porter, to transport gear from Base Camp to Camp 1 (Cholpicalqui)
- First-Aid kit
- Camping gear (4-season tent and mattress)
- Kitchen stuffs (utensils)
- Technical climbing gear (rope, aluminum stakes, quick draws, etc.)
- Carrier to lead the mules (1 carrier for 5 donkeys.)
- Donkeys to only transport the camping equipment Cb
- Donkeys to only transport the personal equipment the client (recommended 15 kg by person) Cb
- Cook, specialized in vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods
- All meals during the expedition (breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner)
* Meals include: omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, meat, rice (all of these are high in carbohydrates to compensate for the elevated physical activity), hot drinks (such as coca tea, which is excellent for coping with the high altitude)
* Snack includes: tea, coffee, small breads, and popcorn
- Transportation Huaraz – Cebollapampa - Portachuelo de Llanganuco - Huaraz
- At the end of the Service Transfer to the Terminal of bus of “Cruz del Sur”
Client is Responsible for:
- Transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Huascaràn National Park entrance fee.
- Extra nights in Huaraz
- All meals in Huaraz
- Personal clothing and gear [waterproof jacket and pants, gloves, hats, harness, ice axe, crampons, mountaineering (plastic) boots]
- Sleeping bag (recommended; ‾15°C)
Important customer information:
- Dear customers, we recommend making a reservation in advance, so that the price is more economical.
- This advance reservation is carried out 7 months before your arrival date to Huaraz.
- The reservation is made with a deposit of 40% of the total price and 60% need to be paid upon your arrival to Huaraz (Office of Enrique Expedition Tours - Huaraz.).
- After our company, "Enrique Expedition Tours" confirms your reservation deposit we will be sending via e-mail a voucher of the reservation confirmation, where we explain all the details of the itinerary follow upon your arrival to Huaraz. The money of the reservation will be deposited in a bank account of our travel and tourism agency, that we can access if you request.
- Included in the expedition are the nights of accommodation in the hostel in Huaraz included. If you want to stay additional nights in the hostal it costs $ 15.- USD per person and day. The services offered by the hostal "Waullac Inn" you can see on the website: http://www.hostalwaullacinnhuaraz.com
- The transportation Lima - Huaraz-Lima will by the company
- Cruz del sur. Web: http://www.cruzdelsur.com.pe/
- Movil Tours. Web: http://www.moviltours.com.pe/portal/
in their bed service in the bus “bus cama” (VIP)
The services of the bus companies are:
• Bus with 2 floors.
• Second level / Reclinable bus seats
• Seat belts on all seats.
• Laser radar to detect objects on the road (up to 150m distance).
• Internal video cameras (control of corridors).
• Two bathrooms with chemical treatment
• Direct travel.
• Breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner (depends on travel time).
• On board Service (Attention of Land Slides).
• Video on board with movies
• Air conditioning and heating.
• Individual reading light.
• Bingo (prize is the return of the ticket).
* Also we have an air service at our flights Lima – Huaraz - Lima
The name of the Company is "LC Peru" - HUARAZ
And the hours of the departure every day.
- Lima - Huaraz: Departure 8:15am. – Arrival 9: 05am.
- Huaraz - Lima: Departure 9:35am. – Arrival 10:25am.
- All passengers have to arrive for any route of flight an hour earlier at the airport for their respective checked luggage.
- LUGGAGE: Each passenger is entitled to 15 kilos of luggage (10 kilos for load and 5 kilos for carry on). If it exceeds this weight you are responsible to pay $1 per kilo (not including taxes).
THE COSTS OF THE TICKETS:
- The fare per person is $144.00 USA (subject to availability) For this service, "LC Peru" - HUARAZ communicate with us.
Recommended mountain equipment for the expedition:
• Trekking boots.
• High mountain boots.
• Trekking socks (synthetic fibers: Colmax ...).
• Thermal socks.
• Leggings/ boot covers.
• Fine microfiber gloves.
• Wool of Fleece Gloves.
• Padded Mittens.
• Sun hat.
• Cap for the cold (fleece or other).
• Thermal and microfiber shirts.
• Finefiber sweater.
• Quilted Anorak (down or fiber).
• Waterproof jacket (goretex or other).
• Trekking pants.
• Fleece pants.
• Waterproof pants (goretex or other).
• Waterproof layer.
• Altitude glasses (with side shields).
• Backpack of 70/80 l.
• Headlamp (with spare bulbs and batteries).
• Sunscreen (lips and skin).
• Personal kit.
• Photographical equipment.
• Sleeping bag for altitude (down).
• Toilet bag and towel.
• Rubber sandals (for taking showers/ crossing rivers/ taking a bath).
• Bag with personal documents and money.
• Ice Axe.
• Automatic crampons (with antiboots).
• Jumar and descender.
If you do not have these materials we can get them in Huaraz:
• Ice Axe.
• Automatical crampons (with antiboots).
• Jumar and descender.